UAB Excellence in Business Top 25 AwardsDon't miss your chance to be a part of the upcoming Class of 2014. The UAB National Alumni Society is pleased to announce our Second Annual UAB Excellence in Business Top 25 award program to identify, recognize, and celebrate the success of the top 25 UAB alumni-owned or UAB alumni-operated businesses. Applications are now available.
Deadline for application submission is February 10, 2014.
Download UAB Excellence in Business Top 25 Application.
To be considered for the award all of the honorees and their companies had to meet three criteria:
1) Business must have been in operation for a minimum of 36 months prior to December 31, 2013.
2) Business must have verifiable revenues of at least $150,000 for the most recent 12-month period.
3) Business must be owned or operated by a UAB graduate who meets one of the following:
- A UAB graduate or group of UAB graduates must have owned 50% or more of the company during the eligible period, OR
- A UAB graduate must have served as the company’s chief executive (for example, chairman, CEO, president, or managing partner) during the eligible period OR
- A UAB graduate must have founded the company and been active as a member of the most senior management team during the eligible period.
Applicant Scoring Criteria
UAB Excellence in Business Top 25 applicants will be judged on several criteria, including percentage of cumulative annual growth in sales or revenues, letter of recommendation, and cover letter submitted with application.
Each criteria will be weighted as follows:
70% - Percentage of Cumulative Annual Growth in Sales or Revenues for three most recent 12-month reporting periods.
15% - A minimum of one letter of recommendation, preferably from an existing client explaining why you and your company would be a good candidate for this award.
15% - Cover letter submitted with application that states how your UAB education helped you to achieve your business goals.
2013 Event Photo Gallery
Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.