Start a Chapter
You want to start a chapter...now what?
If you are interested in starting a chapter your next step is to review the Chapter Manual. If after reviewing the manual, you determine that you are interested in forming a chapter the next steps are: contact Heather Drust at 205.934.3555 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Become a UAB National Alumni Society member (if you’re not already). All chapter leaders must be current members. Join online.
- Go to the UAB Chapter page, to find out if there is an active chapter in your geographic area (within a 50 mile radius of your city). If not;
- Contact Heather Drust, Chapter Specialist, at email@example.com or 205.934.3555 to express your interest in organizing a group.
Next, gauge the interest of those alumni/friends in starting a chapter. We recommend one of the following events as a way to get people together for this purpose:
- Dinner at a restaurant or family-friendly bar
- Family activity (bowling, putt-putt golf, etc.)
- Cookout at a volunteer’s home
- Game watch party