Did you know that your membership awards you more than $1,000 in benefits & discounts? Thousands of alumni, supporters, and friends are currently enjoying the many benefits of being a dues-paying member of the UAB National Alumni Society.
Your membership perks range from discounts on Blazer gear & sports and entertainment tickets to group rates on insurance.
What does your membership assist? The revenue we generate through this program allows us to provide scholarships to deserving students, offer distinguished faculty and Alumni awards and plan quality programs for alumni and students. It also gives us the ability to communicate with you more frequently and effectively as we strive to move UAB forward.
Select the benefit for more information.
Discounts on Auto and Home Insurance
Liberty Mutual has partnered with UAB to offer alumni exclusive savings on quality auto and home insurance tailored for the way you live today. You could also enjoy valuable discounts such as New to Liberty, Newly Married, New Move, and Hybrid Vehicle.
Call 855.948.6297 or visit Liberty Mutual to learn more or to get a free quote.
Discounts and savings are available where state laws and regulations allow, and may vary by state. To the extent permitted by law, applicants are individually underwritten; not all applicants may qualify.
What if you want to go home to YOUR hospital? That gets complicated and costly since most kinds of travel insurance will only get you to the closest hospital. So how do you travel without losing your choice in healthcare? Simple. You join MedjetAssist.
If you're hospitalized more than 150 miles from home, MedjetAssist will arrange air-medical transport to the hospital of your choice in your home country. As a Medjet member all you pay is the membership fee.
That's the power of Medjet.
Whether it's a trip overseas or visiting family in the States - pack the Medjet card! For business or personal travel - in the U.S. or abroad - Medjet can protect you and your family.
To take advantage of this benefit, the UAB National Alumni Society offers its members reduced annual Medjet rates starting at $250 (normally $270). Don't leave on your next trip without Medjet.
For more information or to enroll online, go to www.medjet.com/UAB or call 800.527.7478 and mention you are a UAB NAS member.
Visa Signature Card
Experience More Out of Life with the UAB Visa Signature Card!
By using the University of Alabama Birmingham Visa Signature® Card, a percentage of your purchase helps provide important programs and services that benefit students and alumni.
UAB Visa Signature® cardmembers enjoy these rewards!
- 5,000 bonus points after your first purchase1
- Earn one rewards point for each dollar of eligible net purchases2
- No preset spending limit3, and no limit to the number of points you can earn
- Redeem points for air travel4, merchandise, gift certificates, cash back5 and more
- 24-hour concierge service6
- VIP access to special entertainment, dining and sporting events like NFL games and other gameday experiences
- Signature privileges, including merchant upgrades, offers and savings!
Other Benefits include:
- No annual fee (based on creditworthiness)7
- Zero fraud liability8
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Travel Accident Insurance, Warranty Manager, and Travel and Emergency Assistance9
- And more!
If you are eligible, you will receive the Visa Signature Card. If not, you will automatically be considered for the Select Rewards Card, which does not offer the same Visa Signature benefits.
Account must be open and in good standing to earn and redeem rewards and benefits. Please refer to the Rewards Program Rules you receive when you become a cardmember for additional information.
- To earn first-use bonus, purchase must bemadewithin 90 days of account open date. Account must be open and in good standing at the time of posting to receive bonus offer. Bonus will be credited to your account 6 - 8 weeks after the qualifying purchase is made.
- Net purchases are purchases minus credits and returns.
- No preset spending limit is only available on our Signature product and does not mean unlimited spending. Individual transactions are authorized by card issuer based on factors such as account history, credit record and payment resources. Card issuer will preset an upper limit for revolving balances and cash advances.
- Some fees may apply.
- Cash back is redeemed in the form of a statement credit.
- Cardmembers are responsible for the cost of any goods or services purchased by Visa Signature Concierge on cardmembers’ behalf.
- The APR may vary, and as of 07/01/2016, the variable APR for Purchases and Balance Transfers is currently 10.24%-22.24% (based on your creditworthiness) for the Signature Card and 13.24%-24.24%, (based on your creditworthiness) for the Select Rewards Card. The variable APR for Cash Advances is 24.24%. Cash Advance fee: 4% of each advance amount, $10 minimum. Convenience Check fee: 3% of each check amount, $5 minimum. Cash Equivalent fee: 4% of each cash amount, $20 minimum. Balance Transfer fee: 3% of each transfer amount, $5 minimum. There is a $2 minimum interest charge where interest is due. The annual fee is $0 for the Signature Card and $0 or $29, based on your creditworthiness, for the Select Rewards Card. Foreign Transaction fee: 2% of each foreign purchase transaction or foreign ATM advance transaction in U.S. dollars, 3% of each foreign purchase transaction or foreign ATM advance transaction in a Foreign Currency. We may change APRs, fees and other Account Terms in the future based on your experience with U.S. Bank National Association and its affiliates as provided under the Cardmember Agreement and applicable law.
- U.S. Bank provides zero fraud liability for unauthorized transactions. Cardmember must notify U.S. Bank promptly of any unauthorized use. Certain conditions and limitations may apply.
- The Travel Accident Insurance benefit is only available on our Signature card product. Some additional limitations may apply. Details are provided to cardmembers.
The creditor and issuer of the credit card is U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc.
Alumni Parking Pass
($5 additional fee)
The UAB Alumni Parking Pass should be requested upon completion of your membership application. Please display the pass on your rearview mirror when parking in UAB Lots 15F and 15I between the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (campus parking map). Any Lot 15 can be used after 5:00 p.m. on weekdays and anytime throughout the weekend.
This pass is not available to current UAB employees and students, or Associate Members.
Any NAS Alumni Member can show their membership card and use the Blazer Express shuttle system to get around campus (Blazer Express map and information).
All alumni and friends visiting the UAB campus can obtain a free one-day parking pass for any Lot 15 by visiting the UAB Parking and Transportation Office located at 608 8th Street South.
Please hote: Any citations received are the responsibility of the NAS member. Failure to pay citations will result in the revocation of parking pass privileges.
Ride the Blazer Express
National Alumni Society members can ride any Blazer Express bus by showing their gold membership card. For more information and Blazer Express Routes, visit uab.edu/blazerexpress for more information.
UAB Library Privileges
Mervyn Sterne and Lister Hill Libraries
Receive book check out privileges (up to 10 books for 2 weeks) and limited in-house computer access (ex. internet) at both campus libraries. Present your membership card at the circulation desk. Study rooms are available for NAS members in Sterne Library ONLY. Call 205.934.6364 for information on Mervyn Sterne (www.mhsl.uab.edu) and 205.934.2230 for Lister Hill Library (www.uab.edu/lister).
Please Note: To use computers, library resources, and other campus services, a BlazerID is required. Alumni and students are required to change their BlazerID password every 180 days (6 months). Students will receive password change reminders from IT, however, alumni may not. To change your password, click HERE and follow the provided directions.
Receive a 10% discount on any purchase made at the UAB Bookestore located at 1400 University Boulevard. Discount exclusions include textbooks, reference books, software, and accessories. For more information visit their website at www.uab.college.bncollege.com.
UAB Campus Recreation Center (CRCT)
The CRCT offers something for everybody! Alumni memberships are available for $40 per month. For more information, call 205.996.5374 or visit the CRCT website at www.uab.edu/campusreccenter.
Alys Stephens Performing Arts Center
Save on Season Tickets
Receive 10% off any season ticket package offer. Contact the Alys Stephens Center Ticket Office at 205.975.ARTS.
Find out more at alysstephens.org.
UAB Ticket Office
Specially Priced and Discounted Tickets
Discount tickets are available to theme parks (i.e. White Water, Six Flags, Splash Adventure, Disney, etc), special events, as well as Rave, Carmike, and Regal Theaters. Call 205.934.8001 for listings.
Check out a list of discounted tickets HERE.
Alumni members must show their alumni card to obtain student pricing on all outdoor activities and rental of camping equipment. Call 205.934.8224 for more information.
Receive a 20% discount on all on-line and promotional orders and a 10% discount on all in-store promotional purchases at Snoozy's Bookstore. This discount does not include textbooks and software. Other exclusions may apply. For more information, call Snoozy's at 205.328.2665 or visit their website at www.snoozysbookstore.com.
Play It Forward Golf
As a member of the NAS, you are able to save up to 70% off green fees at over 4,000 golf courses nationwide! Search golf courses by zip code and book your discounted tee time through the Play if Forward website. Every time you book a round of golf through Play it Forward, the NAS receives a portion of the proceeds. The funds received by our partnership with Play it Forward will go straight to student scholarships. So book your next golf outing with Play it Forward and support the National Alumni Society!
Get started today. Click HERE.
Avis Car Rental
Alumni members receive up to 25% discounts on car rentals in the U.S. with your Member Savings Card.
Reserve your car HERE.
Receive a 15% discount off original prices at the retail and factory store. Register online at membership.BrooksBrothers.com with a PIN code you can receive by calling 1.866.515.4747. You will then be sent a card which will enable you to obtain the discounts.
JoS. A. Bank
Members also receive:
Gold UAB Lapel Pin
All new members will receive a gold UAB lapel pin in their membership packet. New graduates will receive their pin at their commencement ceremony.
All new members will receive an automobile decal enclosed in their membership packet.
Exclusive Invitations to Alumni Society Sponsored Events
Alumni members receive invitations to special Homecoming and pre-sporting events, as well as cultural events and many other activities. Many of our events will be hosted at the UAB National Alumni House, conveniently located on the UAB Campus, 1301 10th Avenue South.
- Keeps you informed of university news
- Offers chapter affiliation
- Provides networking opportunities
- Recruits exceptional students
- Provides scholarships to deserving students
- Supports the UAB libraries
- Supports student leadership groups and activities
- Supports the Athletic Department
- Recognizes and awards superior faculty members and alumni
- Offers a sense of pride and school spirit in the University!