This scholarship is awarded in honor of the UAB National Alumni Society’s first president, Mr. William M. Voigt.
- Applicants for the William M. Voigt Endowed Scholarship must be currently enrolled in, or admitted to, a degree-granting program at UAB. First preference will be given to entering first-year undergraduate students.
- Applicants should demonstrate solid academic promise and have earned at least an overall 3.0 grade point average in coursework completed prior to the time of application.
Application and Selection Procedure
- Applications for consideration should be submitted to the UAB Alumni Affairs Office.
- Selection of scholarship recipient(s) will be made by the UAB National Alumni Society in accordance with the guidelines.
Administration of Scholarship
Half of this award will be disbursed for the fall semester with the remaining amount being disbursed for the spring semester.
This is a $1,000 scholarship.
- Students must attend UAB immediately following graduation from high school.
- Demonstrated leadership, extra-curricular activity and community service during high school.
- Students must maintain a GPA of 2.5 in order to keep the scholarship.
- Preference will be given to students with an ACT score of 22 or higher.
- Students must be enrolled full time.
- Students must include a 500-600 word, typed essay that answers the following question: “Why do you believe that UAB is a good college choice for you?”
Selection & Awarding
The selection committee shall consider leadership, community service and extra-curricular activity in making their selection. The committee shall determine the relative weight given to each criterion. There are no restrictions to applicants based on sex, race, nationality, country of origin, physical disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
This is a one-time non-renewable scholarship valued at $1,000 per year. Funds will be disbursed prior to the beginning of the fall and spring semesters.
Applicants will be notified via e-mail regarding their status after the selection committee has met.