The UAB National Alumni Society Hafiz Chandiwala Scholar Award was established through generous gifts from Hafiz Chandiwala to be used for the purpose of creating a sponsored student award at The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB). The Scholarship will be used to assist deserving students who are currently enrolled in or accepted to the Collat School of Business.
The following guidelines will be used in administering and making awards from the UAB National Alumni Society Hafiz Chandiwala Scholar Award.
- Applicants must be an undergraduate currently enrolled in or admitted to a degree-granting program in the Collat School of Business.
- Applicants should demonstrate solid academic promise and achievement and have earned at least an overall 3.0 grade point average in coursework completed prior to the time of application.
- Applicants must provide documentation that a part-time job is held (at least 20 hours per week). Include a letter from your employer with contact information for verification.
- Applicants are required to submit a personal statement, of at least 300 words and not to exceed 500 words, on what this scholarship funding would mean to them.
- And completed applications must be returned to the UAB Alumni House, 1301 10th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35294 by the deadline. Applications can be downloaded when available.
The selection committee will select the recipient based on the above guidelines. The committee will include representatives from the National Alumni Society, and the donor(s). Applicants will be notified via e-mail regarding their status after the selection committee has met.
This is a one-time award valued at $1,000.