The UAB National Alumni Society License to Learn Scholarship was established through the UAB National Alumni Society to be used for the purpose of creating a sponsored student award at The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB).
The following guidelines will be used in administering and making awards from the UAB National Alumni Society License to Learn Scholarship.
- The student must be a resident of the State of Alabama and must have a completed application on file.
- The student must be enrolled on at least a part-time basis. The student must be enrolled both semesters in an academic year and maintain an overall 3.0 GPA. The award is for undergraduate students who are transfer students or currently enrolled UAB students.
- The student must have an existing GPA of at least 3.0 from prior college or high school experience. If the student previously held poor academic standing, then the student must have completed at least twelve credit hours at UAB and have maintained at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Financial need should be demonstrated using the standards of the Office of Financial Aid.
- Compose short essay (250-300 words) on how this scholarship would make a different in your life.
- And complete application must be returned to the UAB Alumni House, 1301 10th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35294 by the deadline. Applications can be downloaded HERE.
The selection committee will select the recipient based on the above guidelines. The committee will include representatives from the National Alumni Society. Applicants will be notified via e-mail regarding their status after the selection committee has met.
This is an annual award and is not renewable. This is a $3000 award. Half will be paid before the fall semester and the other half before the spring semester. This scholarship will be applied toward the recipient’s tuition and fees. Any funds in excess of the amount required for tuition and fees may be disbursed to the student for books, supplies, room and board, or other school-related expenses.