During her nearly 30-year tenure at UAB, she enjoyed working with students as a student recruiter and served for 16 years as the Vice President of Student Affairs. Dr. Gauld acted as the catalyst to create projects such as the Campus Recreation Center and the Commons on the Green dining facility. In her role, her main focus was to always to do what was best for the students. This scholarship has been created to allow her legacy to live on through a deserving student who, like Dr. Gauld, has a passion for service in the community and especially at UAB.
- Be undergraduate students currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program at UAB,
- Be of at least Junior-standing,
- Demonstrate solid academic achievement and have earned at least a grade point average of 2.0 in coursework completed prior to the time of application,
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to service at UAB and in the community
- Seek two letters of recommendation- one from a UAB administrator or faculty member who is acquainted with the student's service on campus and the other from someone who is familiar with the student's service in the community,
- Complete application to be returned to the Campus Recreation Center, Room 190 by 5:00 p.m. on February 27, 2015. Applications can be downloaded HERE.
And compose a 2-page essay on the topic "How have you been impacted by your service to UAB and the community?" (Note: Applicant is encouraged to demonstrate his/her service within the campus and community populations. Participation in organizations and activities promoting the applicant's service should be outlined in this essay.)
The selection committee will select the recipient based on the student's service at UAB and in the community, letters of recommendation, essay, and interview. There are no restrictions to applicants based on sex, race, nationality, country of origin, physical disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Applicants will be notified via letter regarding their status after the selection committee has met.
This is an annual award valued at $1,000 that may be reapplied for in subsequent years as long as the criteria are met.