Donations of time, talent, and treasure will assist us in advancing the knowledge of SH&E professionals and their ability to help minimize risk and protect a progressive company’s triple bottom line – people, planet, and profits.
The following companies, organizations, and agencies have generously sponsored the MEng graduate track in Advanced Safety Engineering and Management through gifts of professional time, talent, and/or corporate treasure.
- Make a financial contribution to the program's general fund.
- Endow a scholarship.
- Offer tuition reimbursement to employees enrolled in the program.
- Donate an e-subscription to a professional safety journal to UAB.
- Provide students free access to electronic copies of your professional publications.
- Sponsor an ASEM exhibit booth at a national conference for SH&E professionals.
- Become an industry sponsor.
- Publicize the program to employees, co-workers, and other SH&E professionals, and encourage them to apply.
- Mentor program participants in applying their new knowledge in the workplace.
- Write recommendations for qualified SH&E professionals.
- Facilitate online discussion forums.
- Provide special lectures.
- Submit real-life case studies on SH&E related topics, such as
- industrial and environmental disasters
- intrapreneurial success and failure
- hazard analysis and risk assessment
- "acceptable" risk
- safety standards (the mandatory minimum vs. the voluntary best practice)
- safety as a cost control strategy
- a comprehensive, advanced safety program
- conflicts of interest
- ethical dilemmas
- whistle blowing
- the engineering hierarchy of controls
- shaping public policy
- technical communications during code red situations.
For more information, please contact