- Breadcrumbs – displays the navigation path from the home page to the current page in text below the green horizontal navigation bar
- Articles - displays various lists and content in different layouts. The Article-Newsflash is popular for spotlights or features on a site
- Tags - displays articles by popular or similiar content.
- Feed Display – RSS, etc. – allows the displaying of a syndicated feed
- Custom HTML modules – allows you to create your own text boxes with custom HTML code using a WYSIWYG editor
- SlideshowCK - Basic image slideshow.
Module positions are spefic locations in a template that are allocated for displaying modules. Modules can be positioned anywhere the template allows, making these very flexible elements for your pages. This makes Joomla extremely versatile when it comes to displaying what you want, where you want it.
All Joomla Web sites require at least one menu module
All other module types are optional. (Examples: News, Banner, Latest News, Polls)
Most menus are accompanied by a menu module.
You can have multiple occurrences of similar module types.
Some modules are linked to components. For example, each menu module is related to one menu component. To define a menu in Joomla, create the menu and menu items using the Menus screens and then create the module for the menu using this screen. Other modules, such as Custom HTML and Breadcrumbs, do not depend on any other content.