The Fast-track Master of Accounting (M.Ac.) Program in the Collat School of Business is open to high-achieving undergraduate students pursuing a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in accounting at UAB. Students admitted to the Fast-Track M.Ac. Program can take up to 12 hours of graduate courses at undergraduate tuition rates while they are completing their B.S. in accounting and have these graduate courses count toward the M.Ac. degree as long as A’s or B’s are earned in the courses. After earning the B.S. degree, students in the Fast-Track Program continue pursuing the M.Ac. degree. Students in the Fast-Track M.Ac. program are not required to take the GMAT exam.
To be admitted to the Fast-Track Master of Accounting Program, a Plan II (non-thesis) program, students must:
- Have completed at least 15 hours of coursework at UAB.
- Be within 45 hours of graduation.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher.
- Have completed the following courses with at least a “B” in each course and have at least a 3.5 average in the three courses:
AC 300 – Financial Accounting I
AC 304 – Accounting Information Systems
AC 310 – Financial Accounting II
Degree Requirements—30 hours:
Required courses (21 hours):
- LS 557 Business Law for Accountants (Fall)
- AC 514 Governmental and Not-for-Profit Accounting (Fall, Spring, or Summer)
- AC 580 Advanced Financial Accounting (Fall)
- AC 600 Current Issues in Financial Accounting (Spring)
- AC 606 Advanced Auditing and Attestation (Spring)
- AC 620 Tax Entities (Fall)
- AC 672 Advanced Information Technology Auditing (Spring)
Elective courses (9 hours):
Three electives from the following: LS 571, AC 564, AC 572, AC 573, AC 574, AC 590, AC 612, AC 617, AC 649 or any non-foundation MBA course numbered 600 or above approved by the M.Ac. Program Committee. Students may not take any of the MBA foundation courses for elective credit without the permission of the M.Ac. Program Director.
Director, Master of Accounting Program
Fax: (205) 975-4429
Office: BEC 309-D