Fall semester - July 1st
Spring semester - November 1st
Summer semester- April 1st
*International applicants should apply at least 6 months in advance of the deadline in order to ensure processing of all Visa paperwork
- A bachelor's degree in accounting from an institution accredited by AACSB, received within the five-year period immediately preceding the desired term of enrollment (or a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a regionally accredited institution). Applicants who do not have an undergraduate accounting degree will be required to complete up to nine foundation courses in addition to the classes listed in the Program Description included in the Graduate Catalog and will be required to maintain at least a B average in the foundation courses numbered 300 and above.
- A minimum score of 500 on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) administered by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC, www.gmac.com) within the five-year period immediately preceding the desired term of enrollment. The GMAT is waived for UAB accounting graduates and other students who take all of the foundation accounting courses at the undergraduate level at UAB.
- Satisfactory academic performance as measured by the undergraduate accounting grade point average. [Note: UAB undergraduates planning to pursue the M.Ac. degree should take AC 423 as an accounting elective. If they do not take AC 423, they should plan to take AC 523 as an elective in the M.Ac. program before taking AC 606.]
- Application form including the names and email addresses of two references.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended sent directly by the Registrar or responsible head of the institution to the UAB Graduate School, 1720 2nd Ave. S., LHL G03, Birmingham, AL 35294-0013.
- GMAT score* sent directly from the testing agency of 500 or higher.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
- TOEFL (minimum composite score of 80 and a minimum score of 20 for each section) and TWE for international applicants whose native language is not English.
- An ECE “catalog match” is required of applicants whose degrees are from foreign institutions.