- July 1st - Fall
- November 1st - Spring
- April 1st - Summer
- A bachelor's degree in accounting from an institution accredited by AACSB, received within the five-year period immediately preceding the desired term of enrollment (or a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a regionally accredited institution) with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and minimum of B in all accounting courses. Applicants who do not have an undergraduate accounting degree will be required to complete up to nine courses in addition to the classes listed in the Program Description included in the Graduate Catalog and will be required to maintain at least a B average in the foundation courses numbered 300 and above. [Note: UAB undergraduates planning to pursue the M.Ac. degree should take AC 423 as an accounting elective. If they do not take AC 423, they should plan to take AC 523 as an elective in the M.Ac. program before taking AC 606.]
- A minimum score of 500 on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) administered by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC, www.gmac.com) within the five-year period immediately preceding the desired term of enrollment. The GMAT is waived for UAB accounting graduates and other students who take all of the foundation accounting courses at the undergraduate level at UAB and meet minimum GPA requirements listed above.
- Director of the M.Ac. program may be contacted for possible GMAT waiver for applicants meeting one of the following:
- Applicant with undergraduate accounting degree from an AACSB accredited institution and meet the above GPA and grade requirements.
- Applicant completing the bridge program at UAB.
- Applicant with an advanced degree in business related field (e.g. MBA) from an AACSB accredited institution.
- Applicant has a terminal degree in another discipline
- Applicant has a professional accounting certification (CPA or equivalent) which requires continuing professional education.
- Applicant has significant (3-5 years) experience at the executive level.
- Application form including the names and email addresses of two references.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended sent directly by the Registrar or responsible head of the institution to the UAB Graduate School, 1720 2nd Ave. S., LHL G03, Birmingham, AL 35294-0013.
- GMAT score* sent directly from the testing agency of 500 or higher.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
- TOEFL (minimum composite score of 80 and a minimum score of 20 for each section) and TWE for international applicants whose native language is not English.
- A general credentialing evaluation from ECE or WES stating U.S. degree equivalency and GPA is required. In addition, applicants must submit a course syllabus for each accounting class. Course descriptions not in English should be translated using Josef Silny & Associates www.jsilny.com .
Additional InfoCollat Graduate Scholarships
Fast Track MAc for Undergraduate Students
Tuition and Fees
UAB Graduate School