Ford Motor Credit Company, the global vehicle financing subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, has hired seven UAB School of Business graduates for the Ford Credit Leadership Development Program (FCLDP). The multiyear program, which provides experience in six finance roles, is designed to cultivate skills in team management, business development and financial analysis.
UAB’s Industrial Distribution program is showcased in The Electrical Distributor (tED) magazine as a leader in preparing Millennials (born 1977-1998) to be the future workforce. Craving real-world knowledge, interested in distribution, and having the skills and understanding to hit the ground running are traits listed to describe our students.
Bob Robicheaux, chair of the Marketing, Industrial Distribution and Economics Department, appeared on FOX 6's Good Day Alabama to discuss the implications of the Marketplace Fairness Act on Alabama coffers (Click below to view the video. Dr. Robicheaux appears at 1:45 after a news report on the U.S. Senate vote).
Seventeen School of Business alumni have been honored with the inaugural UAB Excellence in Business Awards Top 25.
The UAB National Alumni Society, in partnership with the Birmingham Business Journal, organized the UAB Excellence in Business Top 25 award program to identify, recognize, and celebrate the success of UAB alumni-owned or UAB alumni-operated businesses. The class of 2013 was recognized at an awards luncheon on Friday, March 8, 2013.
Congratulations to the following School of Business alumni included the inaugural class of 2013:
- Susan B. Brouillette (MBA ‘88) - Alacare Home Health & Hospice
- Uday R. Bhate (MBA ‘77) - BHATE Geosciences Corporation
- Patrick Brannon (MBA ‘10) - Brannon Honda
- Sam Miller (MBA ‘03) - Burton Advertising
- David Benjamin Cork (BS Accounting ‘93) - Cork, Hill & Company, LLC.
- Joseph L. Lilley Jr. (MBA ‘96) - CTS, Inc.
- Ken Jackson (MBA ‘72) - Dudley C. Jackson, Inc.
- Al Ellison (Accounting ‘90) - Ellison & Ellison, P.C.
- Jennifer Ellison (Marketing, ‘91), (Accounting '94) - Ellison & Ellison, P.C.
- Tommie G. Cummings (Accounting ‘75) - Frost Cummings Tidwell Group, LLC.
- Phyllis Hoffman DePiano (Accounting ‘76), Hoffman Media, LLC.
- Brett M. Jovanovich (Management ‘04) - Lifeguard Transportation Service, Inc.
- Donald W. Huey (General Business ‘72) - Magic City Title, Inc.
- Justin R. Craft (Marketing ‘97) - Nowlin & Associates
- Ken R. Taunton (Marketing ‘89) - The Royster Group, Inc.
- Vincent B. Caltagirone, Jr. (Marketing ‘92) - The Stewart Organization, Inc.
Accounting student Meredith Burbank scored 5 offers from top firms, including 2 from the Big Four, during the highly competitive spring internship recruitment season for accounting. Plus, she already has a summer internship lined up with HealthSouth.