Bob Robicheaux, chair of the Marketing, Industrial Distribution and Economics Department, appeared on FOX 6's Good Day Alabama to discuss the implications of the Marketplace Fairness Act on Alabama coffers (Click below to view the video. Dr. Robicheaux appears at 1:45 after a news report on the U.S. Senate vote).
The UAB School of Business will host three Open Houses this Spring to introduce prospective students to the MBA Program's new, streamlined curriculum.
SPRING OPEN HOUSE
April 29 5-7 pm
Marriott Hotel, U.S. 280
May 13 4-6 pm
UAB School of Business
May 14 5-7 pm
The Wynfrey Hotel
Seventeen School of Business alumni have been honored with the inaugural UAB Excellence in Business Awards Top 25.
The UAB National Alumni Society, in partnership with the Birmingham Business Journal, organized the UAB Excellence in Business Top 25 award program to identify, recognize, and celebrate the success of UAB alumni-owned or UAB alumni-operated businesses. The class of 2013 was recognized at an awards luncheon on Friday, March 8, 2013.
Congratulations to the following School of Business alumni included the inaugural class of 2013:
- Susan B. Brouillette (MBA ‘88) - Alacare Home Health & Hospice
- Uday R. Bhate (MBA ‘77) - BHATE Geosciences Corporation
- Patrick Brannon (MBA ‘10) - Brannon Honda
- Sam Miller (MBA ‘03) - Burton Advertising
- David Benjamin Cork (BS Accounting ‘93) - Cork, Hill & Company, LLC.
- Joseph L. Lilley Jr. (MBA ‘96) - CTS, Inc.
- Ken Jackson (MBA ‘72) - Dudley C. Jackson, Inc.
- Al Ellison (Accounting ‘90) - Ellison & Ellison, P.C.
- Jennifer Ellison (Marketing, ‘91), (Accounting '94) - Ellison & Ellison, P.C.
- Tommie G. Cummings (Accounting ‘75) - Frost Cummings Tidwell Group, LLC.
- Phyllis Hoffman DePiano (Accounting ‘76), Hoffman Media, LLC.
- Brett M. Jovanovich (Management ‘04) - Lifeguard Transportation Service, Inc.
- Donald W. Huey (General Business ‘72) - Magic City Title, Inc.
- Justin R. Craft (Marketing ‘97) - Nowlin & Associates
- Ken R. Taunton (Marketing ‘89) - The Royster Group, Inc.
- Vincent B. Caltagirone, Jr. (Marketing ‘92) - The Stewart Organization, Inc.