Dr. Simon Sheng was awarded the Steven J. Shaw Best Paper in Conference at The Society for Marketing Advances (SMA) 2014 Annual Conference for his research, “Marketing and R&D Coopetition, Knowledge Integration, and New Product Performance”.
Ameen Barghi, a member of the Collat School of Business Honors Program’s Class of 2015 cohort, has been awarded a 2015 Rhodes Scholarship. Ameen is a neuroscience and translational research double major at UAB.
Tom Broughton, Chief Executive Officer of ServisFirst Bank, recently told students in the combined MBA and undergraduate capstone class “Strategic leadership through the eyes of the C-Suite” that his company’s competitive advantage is based on its ability to build service relationships with its customers. Broughton made a return visit to the Collat School of Business on November 18, 2014.
Jay Grinney, Chief Executive Officer of HealthSouth Corporation, described the ten-year journey he has made at the company to redraw its strategy and make it a success. Grinney made a return visit to the UAB Collat School of Business on November 11, 2014 when he met with students in the combined MBA and undergraduate capstone class “Strategic leadership through the eyes of the C-Suite.”
“Great business schools have the support of the community that they serve, and being named the Collat School of Business is an example of our relationship with the community,” says Dean Eric Jack. “We are so very grateful to the Collat family for the transformative gift, and are now asking you to be part of something big and help us succeed because we’re helping others succeed.”
Regions Financial Corporation Chairman, President and CEO Grayson Hall discussed his company’s strategy with students in the combined undergraduate capstone and MBA class, “Strategic Leadership Through the Eyes of the C-Suite,” on October 21, 2014. This was Mr. Hall’s third visit since becoming CEO in 2011.
- UAB Listed among Top Schools to Earn an MBA
- Energen CEO Describes His Company’s ‘Pure Play” Strategy
- Edward Aldag Shows Strategy Students the Importance of Passion
- Protective Life CEO Says Everyone Should Share in a Strategy’s Value
- Lead Gift of $1 Million from Medical Properties Trust to Support New Building for UAB’s Collat School of Business
- Charles Collat Tells Strategy Students to ‘Do Good and Be Better’
- Service Learning Courses Offer Real Life Experience
- Employers on Campus to Learn Keys to Recruiting Top Talent
- UAB’s Collat School of Business Partners with High School Students to Make Birmingham Better
- UAB Collat School of Business Students Gain Competitive Edge with Internships