Tom Broughton, Chief Executive Officer of ServisFirst Bank, recently told students in the combined MBA and undergraduate capstone class “Strategic leadership through the eyes of the C-Suite” that his company’s competitive advantage is based on its ability to build service relationships with its customers. Broughton made a return visit to the Collat School of Business on November 18, 2014.
Jay Grinney, Chief Executive Officer of HealthSouth Corporation, described the ten-year journey he has made at the company to redraw its strategy and make it a success. Grinney made a return visit to the UAB Collat School of Business on November 11, 2014 when he met with students in the combined MBA and undergraduate capstone class “Strategic leadership through the eyes of the C-Suite.”
Students, staff, and faculty are encouraged to drop in to tour the new suite inside Innovation Deport, network with faculty and students, and learn about the programs and workshops offered by the lab.
The lab serves as collaborative teaching space for students to expand their entrepreneurship thinking. Students will be able to work with the emerging businesses housed at Innovation Depot to gain a first-hand experience on starting a business and to learn what it’s like working in a startup environment.
In addition to being a teaching space, the lab will also be an early phase business accelerator for student-led companies, as well as those developed by UAB faculty members. These companies receive coaching and mentoring from Collat’s faculty on everything from market research to business plans and serve as a farm team for Innovation Depot.
The open house will take place in Suite E-126 at Innovation Depot, 1500 First Avenue North in Birmingham, on November 13 from 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. Refreshments will be served.
“Great business schools have the support of the community that they serve, and being named the Collat School of Business is an example of our relationship with the community,” says Dean Eric Jack. “We are so very grateful to the Collat family for the transformative gift, and are now asking you to be part of something big and help us succeed because we’re helping others succeed.”
Regions Financial Corporation Chairman, President and CEO Grayson Hall discussed his company’s strategy with students in the combined undergraduate capstone and MBA class, “Strategic Leadership Through the Eyes of the C-Suite,” on October 21, 2014. This was Mr. Hall’s third visit since becoming CEO in 2011.
James McManus, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Energen Corporation, recently gave students in the combined MBA and undergraduate capstone class “Strategic leadership through the eyes of the C-Suite” an up-close look at a “pure play” strategy.
- Edward Aldag Shows Strategy Students the Importance of Passion
- Protective Life CEO Says Everyone Should Share in a Strategy’s Value
- Lead Gift of $1 Million from Medical Properties Trust to Support New Building for UAB’s Collat School of Business
- Charles Collat Tells Strategy Students to ‘Do Good and Be Better’
- Service Learning Courses Offer Real Life Experience
- Employers on Campus to Learn Keys to Recruiting Top Talent
- UAB’s Collat School of Business Partners with High School Students to Make Birmingham Better
- UAB Collat School of Business Students Gain Competitive Edge with Internships
- Collat School of Business to Help CPAs Earn CPE Credit This Summer
- Students Use Teamwork to Promote QEP