Entrepreneurs share a way of thinking, a way of life. They have a way of identifying problems and seizing the opportunity in those problems, skills that are useful whether they’re starting a business or working for a large conglomerate.
The Collat School of Business is proud to recognize and celebrate Birmingham's talented entrepreneurs by hosting the Birmingham Business Journal's Entrepreneurship Spotlight Awards Luncheon on April 21 at the UAB National Alumni House. Register for this event today.
Two projects from the current cohort of the UAB Business Engineering Design Course, a course that joins business and engineering students together to provide innovative, technical solutions to the disabled community, have been selected as finalists for the 2014 da Vinci Awards.
Dr. John Hansen has been honored with the President’s Award for Excellence in Teaching at the Faculty Awards Convocation held on Friday, April, 4th at the UAB Alumni House.
An established leader in online education, the UAB Collat School of Business is expanding its undergraduate distance-learning portfolio to include four new online bachelor's programs: Online Bachelor of Science in Economics, Online Bachelor of Science in Finance, Online Bachelor of Science in Management, and Online Bachelor of Science in Marketing.
The 2014 Excellence in Business Top 25 award winners were recently feted by the Collat School of Business and the National Alumni Society in recognition of their exceptional business success. In partnership with the Birmingham Business Journal, UAB’s National Alumni Society selected the top 25 alumni who own or operate successful businesses. Ten Collat alumni were celebrated among this year’s honorees.
The online programs feature the same award-winning faculty that teaches on-campus classes. In addition, UAB’s online bachelor’s accounting program allows students to roll credits directly to the master’s in accounting program, fast-tracking their time to complete the master’s program.
- Messina Appointed an Endowed Chair of Alumni and Friends Professorship in Accounting
- Collat School of Business Honors Program Student Learns and Serves
- UAB Researcher Publishes Paper on OSS Innovation in Business
- Collat Student and Professor Selected as 2014 UAB President's Diversity Award Winners
- UAB Collat Team Makes Final Four in CFA Institute Research Classic- Southern
- Record Number of Students Form 2015 Cohort of Collat Business Honors Program
- Collat Alumni Honored With Excellence in Business Awards
- Collat Receives Large Gift for Healthcare Leadership
- Collat Professors Honored By Accounting Association
- UAB AIS Student Chapter Selected as Finalist for National Competition