Jit Patel, a senior business administration major and a member of the Business Honors Society and Global and Community Leadership Honors Program, is the current president of one of the oldest and most prestigious student groups on campus, the UAB Ambassadors.
Two UAB School of Business alumni recognized by the Birmingham Business Journal in its annual Top 40 Under 40 class that includes Top aspiring young professionals in the Birmingham area.
UAB School of Business is working with United Way and PNC Bank to provide free tax assistance to households making less than $49,000.
Call United Way, (205) 458-8970, for more information and to make and appointment.
The four finalists for dean of the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Business will visit campus during the next two weeks for interviews and public presentations.
The candidates are Kenneth R. Evans of the University of Oklahoma , Eric P. Jack of the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Stephen T. Parente of the University of Minnesota, and David J. Urban of Virginia Commonwealth University.
Online MBA Page.com ranks the UABSchool of Business among the Top 50 Social Media Friendly MBA Schools. The list ranks UAB’s MBA program at No. 44 out of more than 400 campus-based business schools from across the United States.
The UAB online accounting program has been ranked seventh in the nation by the Open Education Database (OEDb). The School of Business program is the highest ranked online accounting program in the Southeast.
The UAB School of Business Strategic Leadership through the Eyes of the C-Suite course, which welcomed nine CEOs to speak with students during the fall semester, might be more aptly named Strategic Leadership from the Mouth of the C-Suite.
"Banks are stuck in a tough place right now," says UAB Business professor and banking expert Stephen Yoder. The Birmingham Business Journal provides a full report of what he had to say at a recent Women's Network meeting about the current conditions of the banking industry.
- Registration for Alabama Launchpad Competition is Open
- Miller Appointed to Lead MBA Program at UAB
- UAB Business Students Take 2 of Top 3 Spots at Pi Sigma Epsilon Competition
- UAB’s Burdette Selected for Disney College Program
- School and Accounting Community Mourn the Death of Professor Ollie Powers
- UAB in China Offers Trip, Immersion Class to Everyone
- UAB Program Develops Leaders, Prevents Knowledge Migration
- Protective Life CEO Tells Strategy Students “Cheap is not a Strategy”
- Professor A. Rauterkus Comments on Mortgage Interest Deduction Under Question
- Scholarship Application Deadlines Approaching