The UAB Collat School of Business marked Retail Day with an event that celebrated the top retailers in Alabama, and allowed UAB business students to meet those business leaders and hear their advice and success stories.
The Backpack to Briefcase Business Interview Competition is open to all business students and will consist of two rounds:
By Friday November 1, applicants should:
· Record and submit their elevator pitch video via InterviewStream, which can be found on DragonTrail under “Career Tools”
Round 2 on Friday, November 15:
· The top five female and the top five male finalists will be interviewed
· One female and one male winner will receive a $250-valued prize pack courtesy of Belk
Students can obtain assistance with their elevator pitch by logging onto http://www.uab.edu/careerservices/career-videos
UAB Collat School of Business, Alabama Retail Association Announce Speaker, Honorees for Retail Day 2013
The UAB Collat School of Business in cooperation with The Alabama Retail Association will honor 12 retail businesses as Retailers of the Year and one as a Centennial Retailer during the 32nd Annual Alabama Retail Day Luncheon on Tuesday, Oct. 8, at The Club in Birmingham.
In recognition of the $25 million transformative gift that we recently received from Patsy W. and Charles A. Collat, we are now proud to be named the Collat School of Business. As Dean, I want to share my sentiments about this gift from three perspectives: gratitude, prominence and benevolence.
Charles Collat interviewed during half-time at the UAB vs. Northwestern State game on Sept. 21, 2013.
There are mornings when getting out of bed may seem impossible, and the idea of spending the day at work is unappealing. If working from home is an option, one UAB expert, Professor Scott Boyar, says perks of telecommuting go beyond working in pajamas.
- Proudly Named the Collat School of Business
- Tips to Reinvent Your Career
- Board Acknowledges $25 Million Gift, Approves Naming as UAB’s Collat School of Business
- UAB Students Invent a Wheelchair that Helps Children with Disabilities Get Moving
- UAB SHRM Contest to Showcase 50 years in Human Resources
- Honors Organization for Business Earns National Recognition
- Students Meet Face-to-Face with Potential Employers
- UAB MBA Program Hosts Fall Open House
- BBVA Compass Program Takes UAB Students Around the World for Career Training
- Professor Yoder Talks with BBJ about Obstacles to Predicted Bank Mergers