The 2014 Excellence in Business Top 25 award winners were recently feted by the Collat School of Business and the National Alumni Society in recognition of their exceptional business success. In partnership with the Birmingham Business Journal, UAB’s National Alumni Society selected the top 25 alumni who own or operate successful businesses. Ten Collat alumni were celebrated among this year’s honorees.
The online programs feature the same award-winning faculty that teaches on-campus classes. In addition, UAB’s online bachelor’s accounting program allows students to roll credits directly to the master’s in accounting program, fast-tracking their time to complete the master’s program.
The paper, from Paul Di Gangi, Ph.D., assistant professor of information systems, and titled “Balancing on a tightrope: Managing the boundaries of a firm-sponsored OSS community and its impact on innovation and absorptive capacity,” was published in the January issue of Information and Organization.
The UAB Collat Business team placed 4th at the CFA Institute Research Classic in Alpharetta, GA on February 22, 2014. The UAB team mentored by Professor Andreas Rauterkus and consisting of team members Katherine Crawford, James Lucas, Ryan McCoy, Kamini Patel and Lee Whitworth competed with prestigious schools from Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina.
- Record Number of Students Form 2015 Cohort of Collat Business Honors Program
- Collat Alumni Honored With Excellence in Business Awards
- Collat Receives Large Gift for Healthcare Leadership
- Collat Professors Honored By Accounting Association
- UAB AIS Student Chapter Selected as Finalist for National Competition
- UAB Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi holds Annual Banquet
- UAB Names New Chair of Accounting and Finance
- UAB Business Analysis Lab Suggests Business Recruitment for Oneonta
- Unique UAB Programs Prepare Students for Hot Careers
- PNC Bank Awards Grants to Expand UAB Business Students’ Community Reach