The 2014 Excellence in Business Top 25 award winners were recently feted by the Collat School of Business and the National Alumni Society in recognition of their exceptional business success. In partnership with the Birmingham Business Journal, UAB’s National Alumni Society selected the top 25 alumni who own or operate successful businesses. Ten Collat alumni were celebrated among this year’s honorees.
The online programs feature the same award-winning faculty that teaches on-campus classes. In addition, UAB’s online bachelor’s accounting program allows students to roll credits directly to the master’s in accounting program, fast-tracking their time to complete the master’s program.
The paper, from Paul Di Gangi, Ph.D., assistant professor of information systems, and titled “Balancing on a tightrope: Managing the boundaries of a firm-sponsored OSS community and its impact on innovation and absorptive capacity,” was published in the January issue of Information and Organization.
The UAB Collat Business team placed 4th at the CFA Institute Research Classic in Alpharetta, GA on February 22, 2014. The UAB team mentored by Professor Andreas Rauterkus and consisting of team members Katherine Crawford, James Lucas, Ryan McCoy, Kamini Patel and Lee Whitworth competed with prestigious schools from Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina.
An all-time high 35 students have been admitted to the Collat School of Business Honors Program as members of the class of 2015 cohort.
Ten UAB Collat School of Business alumni have been honored with the 2014 UAB Excellence in Business Awards Top 25 Awards.
Each year, the UAB National Alumni Society partners with the Birmingham Business Journal to identify, recognize, and honor the successes of UAB alumni-owned or UAB alumni-operated businesses. The class of 2014 honorees will be celebrated at a luncheon held Friday, March 8th at the UAB Alumni House.
- Collat Receives Large Gift for Healthcare Leadership
- Collat Professors Honored By Accounting Association
- UAB AIS Student Chapter Selected as Finalist for National Competition
- UAB Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi holds Annual Banquet
- UAB Names New Chair of Accounting and Finance
- Collat MBA Program to Host February Open Houses
- UAB Business Analysis Lab Suggests Business Recruitment for Oneonta
- Unique UAB Programs Prepare Students for Hot Careers
- PNC Bank Awards Grants to Expand UAB Business Students’ Community Reach
- What a Year for UAB Collat School of Business!