Find out where some of our spring Collat graduates are heading after business school and what they feel was the most important aspect of their experience at Collat School of Business that helped them land their new position.
Company: BBVA Compass
Position: Leap Associate
Location: Birmingham, AL
“Learning how to network and communicate properly with employers definitely helped me land my job. Being a part of Beta Alpha Psi taught me how to market myself to employers.”
Entrepreneurs share a way of thinking, a way of life. They have a way of identifying problems and seizing the opportunity in those problems, skills that are useful whether they’re starting a business or working for a large conglomerate.
The Collat School of Business is proud to recognize and celebrate Birmingham's talented entrepreneurs by hosting the Birmingham Business Journal's Entrepreneurship Spotlight Awards Luncheon on April 21 at the UAB National Alumni House. Register for this event today.
Two projects from the current cohort of the UAB Business Engineering Design Course, a course that joins business and engineering students together to provide innovative, technical solutions to the disabled community, have been selected as finalists for the 2014 da Vinci Awards.
An established leader in online education, the UAB Collat School of Business is expanding its undergraduate distance-learning portfolio to include four new online bachelor's programs: Online Bachelor of Science in Economics, Online Bachelor of Science in Finance, Online Bachelor of Science in Management, and Online Bachelor of Science in Marketing.
- Collat “Excellence in Business” Winners Honored at Reception, Luncheon
- UAB Online Accounting Programs Ranked Nationally
- Messina Appointed an Endowed Chair of Alumni and Friends Professorship in Accounting
- UAB Researcher Publishes Paper on OSS Innovation in Business
- Collat Student and Professor Selected as 2014 UAB President's Diversity Award Winners
- UAB Collat Team Makes Final Four in CFA Institute Research Classic- Southern
- Record Number of Students Form 2015 Cohort of Collat Business Honors Program
- Collat Alumni Honored With Excellence in Business Awards
- Collat Receives Large Gift for Healthcare Leadership
- Collat Professors Honored By Accounting Association