Professor Culver received special recognition for her leadership and commitment to the annual Economics Challenge, a state and national competition for high school students designed to increase their understanding of and interest in economics.
Eric P. Jack, Ph.D., dean of the Charles and Patsy Collat School of Business, is leading The Campaign for UAB—and his school—by example. He made a significant initial gift to establish a faculty/staff campaign in the school.
Mr. Rosenthal and Ms. Jones demonstrated to students how strategy is interwoven with various other business disciplines, including: information systems; supply chain management; real estate management; marketing; and finance. For example, Mr. Rosenthal described the company’s “clustered expansion” strategy in which the company expands only within a short driving distance of existing stores, melding its growth strategy with its inventory management.
- Students Talk Entrepreneurship at MBA Luncheon
- Collat School of Business Marks 50 Years of Civil Rights Progress
- UAB Collat School of Business Named One of the Best in the Nation
- Retail Day Recognizes Top Alabama Retailers
- Regions Financial CEO Discusses Strategy of Regions with Students
- The Evolution of Strategy at HealthSouth
- Energen CEO Describes His Company’s Focus to Strategy Students
- UAB Collat School of Business, Alabama Retail Association Announce Speaker, Honorees for Retail Day 2013
- Dean Jack's Perspective on the Collat's Gift
- Radio Interview with Charles Collat about Why They Give to UAB