UAB Collat School of Business, Alabama Retail Association Announce Speaker, Honorees for Retail Day 2013
The UAB Collat School of Business in cooperation with The Alabama Retail Association will honor 12 retail businesses as Retailers of the Year and one as a Centennial Retailer during the 32nd Annual Alabama Retail Day Luncheon on Tuesday, Oct. 8, at The Club in Birmingham.
In recognition of the $25 million transformative gift that we recently received from Patsy W. and Charles A. Collat, we are now proud to be named the Collat School of Business. As Dean, I want to share my sentiments about this gift from three perspectives: gratitude, prominence and benevolence.
Charles Collat interviewed during half-time at the UAB vs. Northwestern State game on Sept. 21, 2013.
There are mornings when getting out of bed may seem impossible, and the idea of spending the day at work is unappealing. If working from home is an option, one UAB expert, Professor Scott Boyar, says perks of telecommuting go beyond working in pajamas.
“People are being called upon to do more for less,” said Suzanne Scott-Trammell, executive director of UAB Career & Professional Development Services. “When the economy improves, we will likely see many employees changing jobs.”
Robert Robicheaux, Ph.D., marketing professor and chairman of Department of Marketing, Industrial Distribution and Economics in the UAB School of Business, agreed that the sluggish economy has impacted workers’ job status.
Scott-Trammell and Robicheaux offered tips to help workers reinvent themselves:
- Board Acknowledges $25 Million Gift, Approves Naming as UAB’s Collat School of Business
- UAB Students Invent a Wheelchair that Helps Children with Disabilities Get Moving
- UAB SHRM Contest to Showcase 50 years in Human Resources
- Students Meet Face-to-Face with Potential Employers
- UAB MBA Program Hosts Fall Open House
- BBVA Compass Program Takes UAB Students Around the World for Career Training
- Professor Yoder Talks with BBJ about Obstacles to Predicted Bank Mergers
- Finance Student is Top International Scorer on BAT
- UAB, Local High-School Students Examine Impact of Civil Rights Movement on Business
- ‘Back To School’ Doesn’t Have To Be ‘Back To Broke’ With These Tips