The UAB chapter of Beta Alpha Psi held its annual Winter Banquet at the UAB National Alumni House on Friday, January 17, 2014. A cocktail reception for faculty and professional guests was followed by a seated dinner, new member initiation, and guest speaker Bill Platt of Deloitte & Touche LLP. Bill is the Managing Partner-Professional Practice and Chief Quality Officer-Attest for Deloitte.
Arline Savage, Ph.D., has been named chair of the Department of Accounting and Finance at the University of Alabama at Birmingham’s Collat School of Business. Savage joined the accounting faculty at UAB in Fall 2012 from the Orfalea College of Business at California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, where she was the Deloitte Faculty Fellow and recipient of the Fluor Corporation Excellence in Teaching Award, the Ernst & Young Outstanding Educator Award, and the Ernst & Young Leader in Ethics Award.
This award recognizes deserving student chapters that have excelled in one or more of the following areas: professional development, membership, careers in IS, community service, fundraising, and communications.
- International Retail Marketing Expert Visits with Faculty and Students
- UAB Unveils New Collat School of Business Sign at Celebration
- Savage Named Director of Master of Accounting Program
- Professors Inducted into the ACEE Hall of Fame
- Collat School of Business Dean Starts Faculty/Staff Campaign
- Students Talk Entrepreneurship at MBA Luncheon
- Collat School of Business Marks 50 Years of Civil Rights Progress
- UAB Collat School of Business Named One of the Best in the Nation
- Retail Day Recognizes Top Alabama Retailers
- UAB Collat School of Business, Alabama Retail Association Announce Speaker, Honorees for Retail Day 2013