The naming, approved today by the University of Alabama System’s Board of Trustees, comes as the university prepares to publicly launch the Campaign for UAB, its most ambitious fundraising campaign to-date, with the Collat donation as the lead gift.
Charles Collat is former CEO of Mayer Electric Supply Company Inc. Under his leadership, Mayer grew to be one of Birmingham’s largest privately held companies. He and his wife Patsy are longtime supporters of UAB, and their collective gifts represent the largest philanthropic support from any donor to UAB. The naming will make The Charles and Patsy Collat School of Business the first school at UAB to carry the name of a benefactor.
Mary Graham, 2, was born with scoliosis, hip dysplasia and muscular dystrophy. Dreams by Sheppard of her daughter running and jumping were replaced with plans for a life seated in a clunky wheelchair.
Enter to win a tablet PC gift pack, cash and prizes!
Fall Open House Dates:
September 4 5-7 pm The Wynfrey Hotel
September 10 4-6 pm Innovation Depot
September 13 4-6 pm UAB School of Business Lobby
UAB and BBVA Compass have partnered to create the BBVA Compass Global Scholars Internship Program and provide UAB students a hands-on learning opportunity.
The performance of finance student Kiersten Engel as one of the top 100 international scorers on the BAT (Bloomberg Aptitude Test) earned an invitation for her to the BAT Summer Intern Challenge, an exclusive networking event in New York or London on August 1st.
- ‘Back To School’ Doesn’t Have To Be ‘Back To Broke’ With These Tips
- Professor Robicheaux Discusses Changes in Alabama’s Grocery Industry
- Allen Named Senior Director of Development
- Upcoming Accounting CPE-Credited Seminars
- Dean Jack Named to Endowed Chair
- Ford Leadership Program Hires Seven UAB Business Grads
- Industrial Distribution Program Recognized for Preparing Future Workforce
- Students Poised to Compete for Top Firms
- Where Can A Business Degree Take You?
- Project Management Certificate Program Helps Graduate Change Careers