The Association for Information Systems (AIS) UAB Student Chapter has been selected as a finalist for the 2013-2014 AIS Student Competition and will be heading to the 2014 AIS Student Chapter Leadership Conference and Competition to be hosted by Arizona State University and held at Tempe Mission Palms on March 20-22, 2014.
UAB AIS created the included video that was presented by officers Neeti Thakral and Lila Azerf for the IT Video category of the competition. The video provides information on the transformation of Information Technology and its effects, and some emerging technologies.
The UAB chapter of Beta Alpha Psi held its annual Winter Banquet at the UAB National Alumni House on Friday, January 17, 2014. A cocktail reception for faculty and professional guests was followed by a seated dinner, new member initiation, and guest speaker Bill Platt of Deloitte & Touche LLP. Bill is the Managing Partner-Professional Practice and Chief Quality Officer-Attest for Deloitte.
Arline Savage, Ph.D., has been named chair of the Department of Accounting and Finance at the University of Alabama at Birmingham’s Collat School of Business. Savage joined the accounting faculty at UAB in Fall 2012 from the Orfalea College of Business at California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, where she was the Deloitte Faculty Fellow and recipient of the Fluor Corporation Excellence in Teaching Award, the Ernst & Young Outstanding Educator Award, and the Ernst & Young Leader in Ethics Award.
This award recognizes deserving student chapters that have excelled in one or more of the following areas: professional development, membership, careers in IS, community service, fundraising, and communications.
- UAB Collat Grad on the Move at Ford Motor Company
- International Retail Marketing Expert Visits with Faculty and Students
- UAB Unveils New Collat School of Business Sign at Celebration
- Savage Named Director of Master of Accounting Program
- Professors Inducted into the ACEE Hall of Fame
- Collat School of Business Dean Starts Faculty/Staff Campaign
- Students Talk Entrepreneurship at MBA Luncheon
- Collat School of Business Marks 50 Years of Civil Rights Progress
- UAB Collat School of Business Named One of the Best in the Nation
- Retail Day Recognizes Top Alabama Retailers