The new Collat Tutoring Lab is now open and serving students Monday through Thursday, 10am-8pm; no appointments necessary at this time and absolutely no fees charged. The lab is located on the first floor of the Collat School of Business, BEC 114 and has already had more than 50 students drop in for assistance during the first week of operation.
Arline Savage, Ph.D., has been named chair of the Department of Accounting and Finance at the University of Alabama at Birmingham’s Collat School of Business. Savage joined the accounting faculty at UAB in Fall 2012 from the Orfalea College of Business at California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, where she was the Deloitte Faculty Fellow and recipient of the Fluor Corporation Excellence in Teaching Award, the Ernst & Young Outstanding Educator Award, and the Ernst & Young Leader in Ethics Award.
Learn about the school, the program and what we can do for you at an Open House this February! Program Director and Professor Ken Miller will be on hand with admissions coordinator Christy Manning and several professors in the program to explain the curriculum and admission requirements of Collat's MBA program, as well as answer questions. Deadline for Summer 2014 MBA applications is April 1, 2014. Deadline for Fall 2014 MBA applications is July 1, 2014.
This award recognizes deserving student chapters that have excelled in one or more of the following areas: professional development, membership, careers in IS, community service, fundraising, and communications.
- Spring Business Classes Available for All Majors
- Strategy Students Consider the Role of Business in Society
- UAB Collat Grad on the Move at Ford Motor Company
- ServisFirst Bank CEO: “Be humble and be hungry”
- UAB SHRM Chapter Hosts Success with LinkedIn Workshops
- International Retail Marketing Expert Visits with Faculty and Students
- Protective Life C-Suite Members Host Strategy Students
- “Social Entrepreneur” Visits with Strategy Students
- UAB Unveils New Collat School of Business Sign at Celebration
- Students Compare Business and Hospital Strategies