Regions Financial Corporation Chairman, President and CEO Grayson Hall discussed his company’s strategy with students in the combined undergraduate capstone and MBA class, “Strategic Leadership Through the Eyes of the C-Suite,” on October 21, 2014. This was Mr. Hall’s third visit since becoming CEO in 2011.
Its ties to local business, strong curriculum and knowledgeable faculty are among the reasons UAB's Collat School of Business was named among “The 296 Best Business Schools” by The Princeton Review in its 2015 edition.
James McManus, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Energen Corporation, recently gave students in the combined MBA and undergraduate capstone class “Strategic leadership through the eyes of the C-Suite” an up-close look at a “pure play” strategy.
Edward K. Aldag, Jr., Chief Executive Officer of Medical Properties Trust, Inc., recently demonstrated the importance of being passionate about your career, to students in the combined MBA and undergraduate capstone class “Strategic leadership through the eyes of the C-Suite.”
Protective Life CEO Johnny Johns told students in the combined MBA and undergraduate capstone class “Strategic leadership through the eyes of the C-Suite” on September 30, 2014 that a successful strategy should create value not only for a company’s shareholders but also for its customers and for society.
Lead Gift of $1 Million from Medical Properties Trust to Support New Building for UAB’s Collat School of Business
Medical Properties Trust, Inc. has donated $1 million to the University of Alabama at Birmingham to serve as a lead gift in funding a new state-of-the-art building for the Collat School of Business and the Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
More and more UAB students are searching for opportunities that allow them to engage in real-life learning outside the classroom, and that desire is evident in the number of service learning courses at UAB. In the most recent academic year, the number of service learning courses jumped 9.3%, and that percentage is expected to grow even more in 2014-2015.
Over 40 employers were on campus July 24th, 2014 for the UAB Collat School of Business “Employer Drive-in” lunch, learning about ways to position their organization to attract highly qualified candidates for internships and post-graduation employment. Along with the opportunity to hear straight from Collat students, guests met and interacted with Collat faculty, staff and administration while learning more about Collat’s academic departments, and unique, innovative programs.
- UAB’s Collat School of Business Partners with High School Students to Make Birmingham Better
- UAB Collat School of Business Students Gain Competitive Edge with Internships
- Collat School of Business to Help CPAs Earn CPE Credit This Summer
- Students Use Teamwork to Promote QEP
- UAB Online Business Programs Ranked Nationally
- UAB Collat Student Awarded National Accounting Scholarship
- Collat School of Business Sets Impressive Example
- UAB Accounting Students Contribute to Record Year for SaveFirst
- Collat Professors Speak at UA System Scholars Institute
- Collat Business Graduates Fill Growing Demand for Information Systems Professionals