Seventeen School of Business alumni have been honored with the inaugural UAB Excellence in Business Awards Top 25.
The UAB National Alumni Society, in partnership with the Birmingham Business Journal, organized the UAB Excellence in Business Top 25 award program to identify, recognize, and celebrate the success of UAB alumni-owned or UAB alumni-operated businesses. The class of 2013 was recognized at an awards luncheon on Friday, March 8, 2013.
Congratulations to the following School of Business alumni included the inaugural class of 2013:
- Susan B. Brouillette (MBA ‘88) - Alacare Home Health & Hospice
- Uday R. Bhate (MBA ‘77) - BHATE Geosciences Corporation
- Patrick Brannon (MBA ‘10) - Brannon Honda
- Sam Miller (MBA ‘03) - Burton Advertising
- David Benjamin Cork (BS Accounting ‘93) - Cork, Hill & Company, LLC.
- Joseph L. Lilley Jr. (MBA ‘96) - CTS, Inc.
- Ken Jackson (MBA ‘72) - Dudley C. Jackson, Inc.
- Al Ellison (Accounting ‘90) - Ellison & Ellison, P.C.
- Jennifer Ellison (Marketing, ‘91), (Accounting '94) - Ellison & Ellison, P.C.
- Tommie G. Cummings (Accounting ‘75) - Frost Cummings Tidwell Group, LLC.
- Phyllis Hoffman DePiano (Accounting ‘76), Hoffman Media, LLC.
- Brett M. Jovanovich (Management ‘04) - Lifeguard Transportation Service, Inc.
- Donald W. Huey (General Business ‘72) - Magic City Title, Inc.
- Justin R. Craft (Marketing ‘97) - Nowlin & Associates
- Ken R. Taunton (Marketing ‘89) - The Royster Group, Inc.
- Vincent B. Caltagirone, Jr. (Marketing ‘92) - The Stewart Organization, Inc.