Located in the largest business community in the State of Alabama, the UAB School of Business creates value for students and stakeholders by producing graduates who are prepared to compete successfully in a global context. Along with the pursuit of discipline-based and practitioner-based scholarship, our faculty is also committed to teaching and nurturing students through a curriculum and pedagogy that emphasize experiential learning with broad access to teacher-scholars.
We see a future for the UAB School of Business where:
- Faculty and staff work together to create and deliver relevant, high quality, and innovative programs that serve our community.
- Businesses and other organizations seek us out for qualified employees and for partnerships to meet their educational, consulting, and service needs.
- Our school is widely recognized for excellence and innovation in teaching, research, and service.
- Our school is also recognized as an inclusive place where students of opportunity can be successful.
- Quality teaching, research, and professional and public service by faculty, staff, and students;
- Relevance and innovation in curriculum, instructional methods, research, and professional and public service;
- Intellectual growth, professional and ethical development of our students;
- A collegial environment of academic freedom and faculty governance;
- Partnerships with our internal and external constituencies;
- Diversity in our students, faculty, staff and community;
- High standards of professional, ethical conduct; and a climate that fosters continuous improvement.