The Campus Recreation Center is the perfect venue to host your next event. With large spaces, state of the art technology and easy access to event goers, the CRCT is adequately equipped to host both large and small events. From banquets to birthday parties there is a space to fit your needs. For more information on rates and reservations, please call 205.934.8224.
To find out more about Facility Rentals, please download the following forms:
Facility Rental Manual
Facility Request Form
Minor Waiver Form
|Campus Recreation Center
Facility Rental Rates (hourly)
|Lap Lanes (per lane)||$10.00||$15.00||$20.00|
|Fitness Studio 1||$20.00||$30.00||$40.00|
|Fitness Studio 2||$20.00||$30.00||$40.00|
|Fitness Studio 4||$20.00||$30.00||$40.00|
|Meeting Room 150||$20.00||$30.00||$40.00|
|Front Entrance Lobby||$10.00||$15.00||$20.00|
|West Campus Fields - *Additional Staff Fees May Apply||$50.00||$50.00||$100.00|
• Space rental costs do not include staffing. Additional staffing will be required for events of 15 or more people and at the discretion of
the Department of Campus Recreation.
• Large scale events requiring setup may be charged an additional setup/teardown fee. This fee will be based on number of tables,
tarps, chairs, staffing, etc.
The UAB Campus Recreation Center has a number of spaces available for groups of all ages, sizes and affiliations to rent! Recreation Programming will take priority in all facility spaces. Rental requests will be evaluated on a case by case basis giving priority to student groups first, followed by university departments, and lastly external groups.
- All facility spaces may be rented during non-peak times (5a-4p, Monday- Friday).
- Letter of Agreement turned in one week prior to start of the event.
- Peak time reservations (4-close, Monday- Friday) will be considered on a situational basis.
- Requests should be turned in a minimum of two weeks prior to the event request date.
- All external groups may be required to submit a 20% deposit at the time of booking or pay in full prior to the event.
- All external groups are required to submit proof of liability insurance. A minimum of Two Million dollars' worth of insurance is required.
- All decorations, food, drink, signage, etc. must be approved by the Department of Campus Recreation prior to the event. Details not listed on the event confirmation will not be permitted during the event.
- Damage to the facility, equipment or any UAB property will be billed to the group.
- Excessive clean-up requiring additional staffing hours may be billed to the group.
For rentals that continue after hours, an additional $100 per hour may be charged to the group, depending on the number of participants.
The UAB Recreation Center is available for lock-ins, after proms and other after hour functions. For a minimum of three hours, schools, churches and other groups will have exclusive use to four basketball courts, center court, studio spaces, racquetball, game room and the lobby.
- The pool, patio and locker rooms will be available for the first two hours of the event at no additional cost. Additional time in the pool is $100.00 per hour.
- The Climbing Wall maybe reserved for a minimum of two hours during the event at the rate of $100.00 per hour.
- The rental fee for after hour parties is $1,500.00 that includes access for 250 participants (including chaperones).
- Participants over 250 can be included at $3.00 per person.
- One chaperone for every 10 people under the age of 18 is required.
- Groups requiring police attendance will be billed based on the current UAB Police hourly rate.
- Additional participants will be admitted at $8 per person.
- Party setup may begin as early as 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time and cleanup must commence within 30 minutes of party's scheduled end time.
- Children must use appropriate gender locker room or family locker rooms.
- All guests of the party and all participants are required to attend the five minute informational rules and regulation pre-party meeting with the Aquatic Supervisor before being admitted into the water.
- All food must be consumed AFTER water activities have commenced.
- Lazy river hours of operation may not accommodate scheduled pool parties (Hours).
- Groups must follow all policies and procedures of the Department of Campus Recreation (Policies).
- Group admission is based on 45 or more people with total count including chaperones.
- Groups are required to have one chaperone for every ten minors and coverage in all activity areas.
- Groups may be required to break up into different activity areas and will not all be admitted into the pool, center court or game room at one time.
- Group admission does not include use of the fitness equipment, the climbing wall, program offerings or membership privileges outside of the stated contract.
- Group admission does not include exclusive use of any space. Exclusive space rental requests will incur an additional cost.