The Campus Recreation Center is the perfect venue to host your next event. With large spaces, state of the art technology and easy access to event goers, the CRCT is adequately equipped to host both large and small events. From banquets to birthday parties there is a space to fit your needs. For more information on rates and reservations, please call 205.934.8224.
To find out more about Facility Rentals, please download the following forms:
Facility Request Form
Minor Waiver Form
|Campus Recreation Center
Facility Rental Rates (hourly)
|Lap Lanes (per lane)||$10.00||$15.00||$20.00|
|Fitness Studio 1||$20.00||$30.00||$40.00|
|Fitness Studio 2||$20.00||$30.00||$40.00|
|Fitness Studio 4||$20.00||$30.00||$40.00|
|Meeting Room 150||$20.00||$30.00||$40.00|
|Meeting Room 192||$20.00||$30.00||$40.00|
|Front Entrance Lobby||$10.00||$15.00||$20.00|
|West Campus Fields - *Additional Staff Fees May Apply||$50.00||$50.00||$100.00|
• Space rental costs do not include staffing. Additional staffing will be required for events of 15 or more people and at the discretion of
the Department of Campus Recreation.
• Large scale events requiring setup may be charged an additional setup/teardown fee. This fee will be based on number of tables,
tarps, chairs, staffing, etc.
The UAB Campus Recreation Center has a number of spaces available for groups of all ages, sizes and affiliations to rent! Recreation Programming will take priority in all facility spaces. Rental requests will be evaluated on a case by case basis giving priority to student groups first, followed by university departments, and lastly external groups.
- All facility spaces may be rented during non-peak times (5a-4p, Monday- Friday).
- Letter of Agreement turned in one week prior to start of the event.
- Peak time reservations (4-close, Monday- Friday) will be considered on a situational basis.
- Requests should be turned in a minimum of two weeks prior to the event request date.
- All rentals must be paid one week prior to the reservation. If rentals are not paid one week prior, they will be cancelled.
- All external groups are required to submit proof of liability insurance. A minimum of Two Million dollars' worth of insurance is required.
- All cancellations must be made 48 hours prior to the reservation. Groups that do not show up without prior cancellation on the day of the scheduled reservation will not be elgible for a refund.
- All groups must follow the policies and procedures for each designated area.
- All decorations, food, drink, signage, etc. must be approved by the Department of Campus Recreation prior to the event. Details not listed on the event confirmation will not be permitted during the event.
- Damage to the facility, equipment or any UAB property will be billed to the group.
- Excessive clean-up requiring additional staffing hours may be billed to the group.
For rentals that continue after hours, an additional $100 per hour may be charged to the group, depending on the number of participants.
The UAB Recreation Center is available for lock-ins, after proms and other after hour functions. For a minimum of three hours, schools, churches and other groups will have exclusive use to four basketball courts, center court, studio spaces, racquetball, game room and the lobby.
- The Climbing Wall maybe reserved for a minimum of two hours during the event at the rate of $100.00 per hour.
- The rental fee for after hour parties is $1,500.00 that includes access for 250 participants (including chaperones).
- Participants over 250 can be included at $3.00 per person.
- One chaperone for every 10 people under the age of 18 is required.
- Groups requiring police attendance will be billed based on the current UAB Police hourly rate.
- There will be additional staffing costs if your event takes place after normal hours of operation.
- Additional participants will be admitted at $8 per person.
- Party setup may begin as early as 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time and cleanup must commence within 30 minutes of party's scheduled end time.
- Children must use appropriate gender locker room or family locker rooms.
- All guests of the party and all participants are required to attend the five minute informational rules and regulation pre-party meeting with the Aquatic Supervisor before being admitted into the water.
- All food must be consumed AFTER water activities have commenced.
- Lazy river hours of operation may not accommodate scheduled pool parties (Hours).
- Groups must follow all policies and procedures of the Department of Campus Recreation (Policies).
- Group admission is based on 40 or more people with total count including chaperones.
- Groups are required to have one chaperone for every ten minors and coverage in all activity areas.
- Group admission does not include use of the fitness equipment, the climbing wall, program offerings or membership privileges outside of the stated contract.
- Group admission does not include exclusive use of any space. Exclusive space rental requests will incur an additional cost.
- It also allows entry into the recreation center and usage of any area.
- There will be no set up from the facility staff.
- Groups may not bring food into the facility.
- Groups must provide proof of liability insurance at least 2 weeks prior to scheduled attendance. The provided liability insurance must be a minimum of 2 Million Dollars.