FitWell Home Wellness Home Wellness Catering Massage Therapy FITWELL Blog
Wellness Catering: Health that's going places!
Wellness Catering is a program designed to cater any recreation, health, and/or wellness topic to the UAB community. All programs are presented by a recreation professional and can be modified for your groups exact needs. Topics covered vary from fitness trends, healthy eating habits, to fitness and nutrition demonstrations. Departments have the opportunity to pick a topic to be presented at a staff meeting, lunch group, or any time of your choice! Services we offer can be viewed below!
TBA - Fall 2016
The Fitness Showcase series will present various topics related to exercise. Each Fitness Showcase will break down a specific exercise to explain the muscles that are being utilized, correct body alignment and form, programming for different goals, and provide other exercises that can be combined to increase adaptation.
Each Fitness Showcase will take place on the first Wednesday of every month on the fitness floor from 4:00 - 5:00pm. Below is a list of the fitness showcases scheduled for the fall.
Are you a corporate business looking to schedule your next staff retreat or training? Or are you a professor simply wanting to schedule a presentation for your class? Either way Campus Recreation and Wellness Catering want to work with you at your next program or event! Schedule a presentation, demonstration, training, or workshop focused around any health, wellness, or fitness topic and we will cater it to fit your needs. Call or email the Coordinator of Fitness and Wellness at 205-996-6994 or email@example.com today!
Details & Policies:
- Scheduling your small group presentation and training must be made at least two weeks in advance of your preferred program date.
- Availability and services are not guaranteed and may be subject to change.
- All small group presentations and trainings are free, unless outside travel is required or the scheduling of a fitness staff instructor is necessary.
- Outside travel is considered, but not limited to; any destination that is held off UAB main campus property or for any corporate business locations.
- Payment must be completed 24 hours in advance of the scheduled program. Payment will be accepted at our Membership Services desk only.
- Refunds are not available after payment is received.
- Cancellations or rescheduling of program sessions must be made 24-48 hours in advance. Failure to cancel before that time will result in loss of refund if applicable.
- For complete program pricing contact the Coordinator of Fitness and Wellness.
Small Group Presentations & Training Pricing
On Campus Location
Pricing Per Hour
Off Campus Location
Pricing Per Hour
Fitness Assessments provide individuals with their baseline measurements of blood pressure, body composition, cardio fitness, muscular endurance, strength, and flexibility. The results of these tests are reviewed by a certified Personal Trainer and are used to help personalize a tailored workout plan specifically for you. To schedule your Fitness Assessment please complete the Health History Questionnaire as well as the Fitness Assessment Form prior to the appointment and email them to the Graduate Assistant of Fitness and Wellness, Katie Rickels, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details & Policies:
- Fitness Assessments are required by anyone participating in personal training and are included in the session packages.
- Appointments will take about 45-60 minutes and will be held in Studio V with a certified Personal Trainer.
- Proof of purchase is required by showing of receipt.
- Clients are requested to wear comfortable athletic clothing, shorts and T-shirt.
- The completed Health History Questionnaire is required prior to beginning the Fitness Assessment.
- Cancellations and rescheduling of Fitness Assessment must made 24 hours in advance to the scheduled appointment. Failure to cancel or reschedule will result in the loss of your appointment.
- Refunds are not available.
|Components of a Complete Fitness Assessment|
|Body Composition||Administered using the 3-site Skin Fold Assessment|
|Cardio Respiratory Fitness Assessment||Administered using the YMCA Step Test|
|Muscular Strength Assessment||Administered using the Push-Up and Crunch Test|
|Flexibility Assessment||Administered using the Sit-and Reach Test|
|Complete Fitness Assessment Pricing|
|CRCT Members & Students||Students||Member||Non-Member|
Want to check in on your progress? The UAB Campus Recreation Center and Wellness Catering provides Body Fat Testing for all members! Schedule your appointment with the Graduate Assistant of Fitness and Wellness today by emailing email@example.com today!
- Students = Free
- CRCT Member = $5.00
Celebrate a little YOU time by scheduling yourself a massage today! We offer a variety of massage styles such as swedish, neuromuscular, sports and deep tissue to provide the perfect relaxation for you. For more information about session packages and how to schedule your massage click HERE!
Details & Policies:
- Please schedule all your massage therapy appointments at least 24-48 hours in advance using the online booking system.
- Upon scheduling your appointment please provide the following information in order for us to best meet your needs:Appointments are available based upon the therapists' schedules availability.
- Male or female therapist preference
- Length of appointment preferred
- Days and times available
- Prior to appointments booking an appointment, proof of purchase must be made available. All payment for massage sessions can be made with Membership Services. Once payment is made, please use our online booking sysytem.
- If the scheduled appointment is your first appointment scheduled at the UAB Campus Recreation Center the following paperwork must be completed and given to your massage therapist at your first appointment:
- Massage Therapy General Health Questionnaire
- Massage & Bodywork Intake Form
- Confidential Health History
- Post Massage Evaluation
- Cancellation and rescheduling of appointments must be made 24 hours in advance in order to avoid loss or refund.
- Failure to cancel or reschedule your appointment will result in loss of refund and session.
- Massage appointments are non-refundable.
- All massage appointments will take place in our quiet, spacious massage room located in our Wellness Suite on the first level of the Campus Recreation Center.
Book a Massage Today!
(Please note that massage appointments will not be scheduled until proof of payment can be provided.)