Excited to be the Director of Campus Recreation at UAB and I am here to make this Campus Recreation Center the best it can be. The following provides a quick background on who and what I have accomplished. Seventeen years of recreation experience in higher education; recognized for my administrative leadership and consistent participation in state and national professional associations; created an intramural program and sport club program and opened a new Recreation Center; masters level of education in Sport & Recreation Management. Currently responsible for the management and operation of the 150,000 square-foot UAB Recreation Center that opened August 2006, including all day to day decisions for the Department of Campus Recreation. At UAB Campus Recreation, I am responsible for program areas consisting of twenty-five intramural sports, twelve sport clubs, fifty-four group fitness classes weekly, four special events, fitness and wellness programs, community leagues, facility rentals, camps, certifications, and aquatics programs.
Director of UAB Campus Recreation
- B.S Ohio University in Sport Industry 1996
- M.A. Kent State University in Sport and Recreation Management 1998
- 1996 - 1998 Graduate Assistant Recreational ServicesKent State University, Kent, OH
- 1998 - 2002 Director of Intramurals and Campus Recreation and Instructor in Sport Sciences, Ashland University, Ashland, OH
- 2002 - 2009 Director of Recreational Services, Ashland University, Ashland, OH
- 2009 - 2012 Associate Director of Campus Recreation, Centers LLC @ Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH
- Married to Megan Ries for 13 years
- Three children
- Born and Raised in Niles, OH
- I am a HUGE Cleveland Sports fan no matter how hard that is! I am a big fan of SEC sports and follow it very closely. I love to collect coins and cards and play every sport that I can. I love to read and play fantasy sports as much as I can with having three children!!
- Now I am a HUGE Blazers fan!!
Phone - 205.996.4909
Office - CRCT 220K