Loaned Executive ProgramThe United Way of Central Alabama has an exciting opportunity for qualified UAB students to serve in their Loaned Executive Program. Loaned Executives develop and implement company campaigns by working with top management and employee campaign coordinators to raise funds to support the 86 partnering United Way agencies, programs and initiatives.
Loaned Executives work full time for a 13-week session and receive leadership development trainings followed by practical application opportunities. Selected participates receive skills in sales, time management, communications, negotiation and presentations. They make valuable contacts throughout the business community. They gain an understanding and awareness of community needs and resources in health and human services.
The Loaned Executive is an individual who is energetic, self-motivated and has a strong desire to make a difference in their community. We ask that you nominate the top students in your schools/departments who meet the following criteria:
- Graduating senior or graduate student
- Ability to commit to 13 full weeks of training and work
- Sincere interest in enhancing the community and creating change in people’s lives
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and multitask
- Leadership experience with high standard of ethics