Frequently Asked Questions1. When should students start using UAB Career & Professional Development Services?
2. What does UAB Career & Professional Development Services offer?
3. What can you do to help?
1. When should students start using UAB Career & Professional Development Services?
It is never too early to start thinking about career development. The earlier students start addressing career issues, the more successful they will be. We encourage students to start using our services as soon as they can. We offer programs and services which they can take advantage of all four years and as alumni.
- Career consulting
- Job listings for campus, part-time, full-time and career positions
- Resume critiquing
- On-campus Interviews
- Career Fairs, company information sessions and career workshops
- Career assessments
- Career credit course (ECG 300)
Help us develop internships, part-time, full-time and summer job opportunities. Provide us with contact information for decision-makers where you work. Encourage your student to visit Career & Professional Development Services early to take advantage of all we have to offer. We want to be an integral part of their life while they are at UAB.