Biology Scholars Program
One year of support is provided for 10 incoming freshmen students ($1,500 each) working toward a bachelor’s degree in Biology in the form of a scholarship.
- A minimum ACT score of 25
- Top 20% of high school graduating class
- Indication of a completed FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) application
All applications will be screened by the UAB Freshman Biology Scholarship Selection Committee, which will also select the finalists. The best undergraduate scholars will be selected based on their potential for a successful career in science and outstanding leadership in their chosen profession.
- Apply to UAB no later than August 1st. Download the Application Form by clicking here.
- Students whose designated major is Biology and have the minimum ACT and GPA required for the Freshman Biology Scholarship Program will be emailed an application in late December.
- All required application materials will be due by August 5th.
- One letter of recommendation from a science teacher.
- A letter stating your class rank from your high school counselor.
- Response to two questions (two page limit, double spaced):
- Why should you be considered for this scholarship?
- What are your career goals?
- Notification will be sent to all applicants by August 20th.
- Deadline to accept is August 30th.
For more information, contact:Dr. Mickie Powell
UAB Biology Scholars Program Director
Department of Biology
University of Alabama at Birmingham
return to top of page >>