fifth year details
5th Year Master of Science Program in Biology
- An undergraduate program (120 credit hours) leading to a B.S. in Biology
- A 30-credit hour M.S. program under thesis option (Plan I)
- A supervised teaching experience
- Work with a faculty mentor from Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Medicine, Dentistry, Optometry, Public Health, Health Related Professions, social and Behavioral Sciences, or Engineering
- A thesis of sufficient quality and scope to lead to at least one publishable paper
- At least one presentation at a regional, national, or international scientific conference
What are the Advantages?
- Offers mentorship during undergraduate study
- Supplements professional degrees such as M.D.
- Prepares for Ph.D. programs
- Builds teaching skills for academic careers
- Widens possibilities for employment
What are the Requirements?
- Provisional as a freshman
- Full admission as a junior (60 credit hours of course work completed)
- 3.25 grade point average
- GRE test completed by Fall of senior year
- Three letters of recommendation
- Interview with the admissions committee
Dr. Stephen Watts, Graduate Program Director
Department of Biology, CH 375