- Visit the UAB Students page for international students. They have all sorts of forms, guides, and helpful links to make your life easier.
- Don’t be shy. Let your instructors know that English is your second language.
- Take advantage of class study groups. They let you go over material at your pace.
- Record lectures (with your instructors’ permission). Transcribe your recording to notes.
- Meet regularly with your advisor. They are experts and can help!
- Visit the UAB English Language Institute. They will give you assistance with both oral and written English.
- Visit the UAB Writing Center. They have tutors and instructional workshops.
- Frustrated and out of options? UAB student counselors are there for you.
We invite you to explore all of the programs and services offered to international students. International Recruitment and Student Service will be able to advise you about how to apply and who to contact for information. Please visit their website, or send general questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And remember — you are not alone! There are other international students/non-native English speakers in just about every class you take! Share your stories and help each other!