See where our graduates have gone on to work and explore career resources on our careers
Read our MPA FAQs
UAB Office of Student Financial Aid
UAB MPA Alumni Association
All graduates from the MPA program automatically become a member of the MPA Alumni Association. Our annual gathering is usually held in April of every year but activities occur throughout the year. Before you go anywhere after graduation, please send your contact information to the MPA program coordinator
, the current MPA Alumni President Cindy Lowry
, or incoming President Libby Stevens
- DEMOCRABLOG'S Top 50 Public Administration Web Resources (2013): A public administrator needs all the resources available at his or her fingertips, including information about organizations, research, online interaction, public outreach and contact information for local, regional, national, and international resources.
- The Conference of Minority Public Administrators (COMPA): COMPA is one of America's leading national organizations-committed to excellence in public service and public administration in city, county, state and federal government.
- The National Forum for Black Public Administrators (NFBPA): The NFBPA's mission is to strengthen the position of blacks within the field of public administration; increase the number of blacks appointed to executive positions in public service organizations; and to groom and prepare younger, aspiring administrators for senior public management posts in the years ahead.
- Public Service Careers: This job board and career information website is brought to you by the three most prominent groups in professional public service careers and education: NASPAA, ASPA & APPAM. Whether you are a recent MPA graduate, a veteran of the public sector, or a PhD, this site can help you build and sustain your career.
- More resources are available on the MPA Careers page.
- The International City/County Management Association (ICMA): ICMA provides member support; publications; data and information; peer and results-oriented assistance; and training and professional development to nearly 9,000 city, town, and county experts and other individuals and organizations throughout the world.
- Alliance for Nonprofit Management: The Alliance is the national voice and catalyst for the field of capacity building. We improve the effectiveness of individuals, groups, and organizations helping nonprofits and communities achieve positive social change.