Heritage Hall 410
Research Interests: Comparative public policy, international political economy, the European Union
Office Hours: By appointment
- BA, Slippery Rock University
- MA, University of Georgia
- PhD, University of Georgia
A native of Greece, professor Zahariadis studies issues of comparative European policy and international political economy. He previously served as director of international studies at UAB and has received numerous teaching awards. More information is available on Dr. Zahariadis's CV.
Follow the linked course names to see sample syllabi which describe course aims, learning objectives, requirements, and schedules. These are samples only. The instructor may make changes to these syllabi in future courses.
- Editor, Frameworks of the European Union's Policy Process: Competition and Complementarity across the Theoretical Divide (Routledge, 2013)
- State Subsidies in the Global Economy (Palgrave Macmillan, 2008)
- Essence of Political Manipulation: Emotion, Institutions, and Greek Foreign Policy (Peter Lang, 2005)
- “Quid pro Quo: Political Trust and Policy Implementation in Greece during the Age of Austerity,” with Theofanis Exadaktylos, Politics & Policy 42 (No. 1, 2014): 160-83.
- “Leading Reform amidst Transboundary Crises: Lessons from Greece,” Public Administration 91 (No. 3, 2013): 648-62.
- “The Politics of Risk-Sharing: Fiscal Federalism and the Greek Debt Crisis,” Journal of European Integration 35 (No. 3, 2013): 271-85
- “Winners and Losers in EU State Aid Policy,” Journal of Industry, Competition, and Trade 13 (No. 1, 2013): 143-58
- “Multiple Streams and the EU Policy Process,” with Robert Ackrill and Adrian Kay, Journal of European Public Policy 20 (No. 6, 2013): 871-87
- Fulbright Fellow, German Studies Seminar
- Social Science Research Council (US) Collaborative Visiting Scholar, Economic and Social Research Council (UK)
- Senior Research Fellow, National Bank of Greece
- Adjunct Scholar, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
- Fellow, Policy Studies Organization
- Chair, Public Policy Section, European Union Studies Association
- External Evaluator of Research Proposals for the Greek Ministry of Education and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada
- Former President, International Studies Association (ISA)-South
- American Political Science Association