The Voytek Zubek Scholarship
The Department of Government is proud to be able to honor the memory of Professor Voytek Zubek by offering an annual scholarship to Political Science majors.
The deadline for applications is April 18th of each academic year.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in the College of Arts and Sciences at UAB and be a Political Science Major.
- Applicants should demonstrate solid academic promise and have earned at least an overall 3.0 grade point average in course work and a 3.3 grade point average in Political Science courses prior to the time of application.
- Students must have completed at least 15 credit hours in Political Science and have reached junior status at the time the scholarship is received.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are deserving of financial assistance as determined by the UAB Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Applicants must be residents of the State of Alabama as determined by the UAB Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
If you are interested in being considered for this scholarship, please email
a letter of interest detailing career goals, a current resume, and a writing sample to the Political Science program office
If you’re interested in a career in public service but you're worried about replaying student loans, you need to know about the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program
Other UAB Scholarships
The university and UAB's College of Arts and Sciences offer many other scholarships to incoming and current students. You can explore these options and apply through the UAB BSMART scholarship system