Vulcan History Review Volume 18 Now AvailableThe latest issue of the Vulcan Historical Review, the journal written and edited by undergraduate and graduate history students at UAB, is now available for all lovers of history to read.
The Vulcan Historical Review is published annually by the Chi Omicron Chapter of Phi Alpha Theta at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. All history students at UAB, including recent alumni, are encouraged to submit articles, reviews, essays, oral histories, or other works of historical interest to be considered for publication.
Volume 18 includes articles on:
- a conversation with Eric Foner (interviewed by Brian Steele)
- the American Civil War and human rights
- British and European political dissidence from the Middle Ages to the 20th century
- religious and political entanglements
- cultural identities along the periphery
The issue also includes book reviews, film reviews of 300: Rise of an Empire, and letters from the review's editors.
A preview of the issue (as well as full issues of select past issues) is available here. To purchase the full edition, please contact Walter Ward.