Each winner received a $2,500 scholarship and will represent UAB, the UAB National Alumni Society and the UAB Student Alumni Society at events throughout the year and serve as spokespeople. First alternates Andrew Eubanks and Sarah Terry received $1,000 scholarships.
On Monday we had the first CAS door decoration contest, and congratulations go out to the Department of Government, the first ever Door Decoration Champs! We also had great participation by the Departments of Biology, Philosophy, and Psychology, CAS Advising, and UAB Digital Media. You can see all of the door decorations on flickr.
“Twelfth Night” performances will be at 7:30 p.m. nightly Nov. 13-16 and Nov. 20-22, with a 2 p.m. show Saturday, Nov. 23, in the Odess Theatre at UAB’s Alys Stephens Performing Arts Center, 1200 10th Ave. South. General admission tickets are $15, student tickets $6, and UAB employee and senior citizen tickets $10. Call 205-975-2787 for tickets. Visit Theatre UAB at www.uab.edu/cas/theatre.
- $1 Billion Goal Announced for UAB’s Largest-Ever Fundraising Campaign
- UAB Professor’s Essay Noted among America’s Best
- UAB to Host Lincoln Week Nov. 15-21
- Music Grad Cahill Smith to Perform at Carnegie Hall Recital
- Beating the Blues: Expert Tips to Overcome Unhappiness
- Research Finds Brain Scans May Aid in Diagnosis of Autism