“This is a huge honor for Cahill, and I think it also makes us proud,” Kasman said.
“I think depression is a spectrum, and full-on depression is when you experience things like impaired appetite, disrupted sleep, lack of concentration and ruminative thoughts,” said Diane Tucker, Ph.D., professor of psychology. “Feelings of discouragement or the blues are on that continuum, and I think it is important to be attentive to those feelings.” Tucker said when one is down in the dumps, he or she should look at his or her “life equation”: how time is being spent and what is being done to help nourish self-worth.
- UAB to Commemorate Proust’s Centennial Work
- Painting by UAB’s Chapman Now Part of Huntsville Collection
- Kasman and Daughter to Perform with North Carolina Symphony
- UAB History Professor Updates Book
- UAB Professor Leading the Charge in Ethical Conversations
- UAB Soccer’s Atak Yai Appears in TV Episode