This annual award honors individuals who engage in interdisciplinary, collaborative efforts across campus in ways that embody the vision, character and bridge-building talents vital to the future of the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
“I feel extremely honored that AUD is allowing me the opportunity to experience and live in the Middle East and study at their university,” said the 20-year-old Huntsville native.
“International studies is one of our fastest growing majors at UAB,” said Corbetta, who noted that he is thrilled take the helm.
His goal is to increase the number of majors, raise visibility and encourage greater collaboration among the faculty. Corbetta, who received his PhD from the University of Arizona, has specialties in international affairs and international security. He joined UAB in 2005.
- Saxena Wins Google Award for Mobile Security Research
- Community Service Meets the Classroom in a Game of Connect the Dots
- Civil Rights Photo Exhibit: “Bob Adelman: The Children’s March”
- Turning Off Technology
- UAB Study Shows Sleep-Deprived Teen Pedestrians More Likely to Get Hit
- UAB Art’s Erin Wright Organizes Immigration Poster Invitational