Catherine Danielou, Ph.D., associate dean of the University of Alabama at Birmingham College of Arts and Sciences and professor of French, has been awarded the prestigious Ordre des Palmes Académiques (Order of Academic Palms) from her native France. Founded by Emperor Napoléon, this distinction is an Order of Chivalry for academics and cultural and educational figures recognizing those who are active players in promoting the French language and culture.
Andrew Zimmerrn, host of the Travel Channel's Bizarre Foods America, sampled one of Watts' sea urchins raised at one of the UAB biology labs. The episode will air Monday at 8 p.m. on the Travel Channel.
Visit the Travel Chanel and AL.Com websites to read more on the show and Watt's edible sea urchins.
- UAB and BBA Partner to Win Prestigious $600,000 NSF Partnership for Innovation Grant
- UAB professor examines the role of race in shaping the Republican South
- New Book by UAB’s Scott Phillips Focuses on Music Technology Careers
- Awards Show UAB Students Compete in the Knowledge Economy and Win
- Student Stories Come Alive on Stage
- Research in the College Finds New Channels to Trigger Mobile Malware