The UAB College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) announces a FY2013 competition for graduate student entrepreneurship awards. CAS plans to award six such graduate student projects of up to $10,000 each. The goal is to promote student innovation and entrepreneurship across graduate programs in CAS.
Student Research News
Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Programs in the College
Student Research Resources
- Office for Undergraduate Research
- Inquiro, UAB's official journal of undergraduate research
- Graduate Student Research Days
- The Vulcan Historical Review, student-written and student-edited by undergraduate and graduate students in the Department of History
- UAB Information Technology Resources for Researchers
- Ethics for Authors, best practices for research and academic writers
The graduate students participating in this program will undergo training in intellectual property disclosure and patent filings, and will gain hands-on experience in assessing market and business potential of early-stage technologies.
The graduate entrepreneurship awards are a collaboration of the College, the UAB Research Foundation (UABRF), the Birmingham Business Alliance (BBA), and the Innovation Depot in downtown Birmingham.