The Office is here to help faculty, staff, and departments secure external funding. This includes help locating funding sources; crafting grant submissions; dealing with the forms, paperwork, and other requirements of the funding process; and grant management support once funding has been secured. We also provide service center management and facilitate Material Transfer Agreements, Confidentiality Data Agreements, and other ventures and projects.
Read our list of services provided.
- If you wish to use the full services of the research office, contact us one to two months before the submission due date. We will guide you through the submission process.
- If you do not require our services in completing the submission, you must still submit the proposal to us for review and approval before you send it to UAB's Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP). For these review-only proposals, we require that you submit the proposal to the Research Office:
- 24 hours (or 1 full business day) in advance of the OSP's 7-day deadline for a DRAFT proposal and
- 24 hours (or 1 full business day) in advance of the OSP's 3-day deadline for a FINAL proposal.
ContactsTo help meet your specific needs, please contact the staff member responsible for your department or program. If you do not see your department or program listed below, please contact Erin White.
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Social Work
- Alabama EPSCoR
- Center for Ethics and Values in the Sciences
- Center for Information Assurance and Joint Forensics Research
- Center for Nanoscale Materials and Biointegration
- UAB Digital Media
- Communication Studies
- Justice Sciences
- College of Arts and Sciences Research
- Center for Social Medicine
- English Language Institute (ELI)
- Community OutReach Development (CORD)