UAB Music Technology Students James T. Cody and Taylor Goodwin Attain AVID Pro Tools CertificationCongratulations to UAB Music Technology students James T. Cody and Taylor Goodwin for attaining AVID Pro Tools Certification under UAB’s AVID Learning Partner (ALP) program. The ALP program offers students professional-level certification on AVID software and hardware, including industry standard Pro Tools, Media Composer and Sibelius. UAB is the only school in the state of Alabama and among a very few in the southeast designated an AVID Learning Partner (ALP). James Cody and Taylor Goodwin join an elite group of UAB Music Technology majors to achieve this prestigious industry certification in the two years since UAB has been part of the ALP program. Congrats, Cody and Taylor.
UAB Concert Choir releases new CD, “Unceasing Love”The University of Alabama at Birmingham Concert Choir recently released a new CD on Jan. 28, to help fund the choir’s trip to the eighth World Choir Games in Riga, Latvia, in July. The CD, “Unceasing Love,” is be available for $10 at digital outlets including iTunes and Amazon. The UAB Departmnent of Music has copies of the CD for sale in person and via the department’s online store for that same price.
Composing a music career: Kevin Peek sets sights on soundIf the University of Alabama at Birmingham had a soundtrack, graduating senior Kevin Peek of Birmingham would write it.
A talented composer and music major with a concentration in music technology, Peek is set to graduate April 26. While at UAB, he’s achieved some highly acclaimed accomplishments that many people may recognize: Peek created soundtracks for UAB television commercials and for the TedXBirmingham commercial. He is a Digital Media fellow in the College of Arts and Sciences and was named the 2013-2014Department of Music’s Outstanding Music Undergraduate. His music degree focuses not only on performance, but on all aspects of being a professional musician, with a spotlight on the technology of modern music composition and editing.
- UAB 1st Annual Piano Day
- UAB Music Profiles Alum Matthew McKinney - '05
- UAB Jazz Summit 2014 to Feature Jazz Pianist Marcus Roberts
- UAB Music to present “Musical Extravaganza” concert March 16
- UAB Piano Series presents Robert Henry on March 9
- AVID Profiles Henry Panion's Alabama Symphony Orchestra Commission to Commemorate the Bombing of the 16th Street Baptist Church
- UAB Presents the 12th Annual Clarinet Symposium
- UAB's Yakov Kasman To Open Van Cliburn Memorial Concert, Thursday, Feb. 27, 2014 5:00 PM CST - Watch Live Online
- UAB Holds Third Annual Brass Symposium, Feb. 14 - 15, 2014
- UAB Music students use new Avid console to mix sound for UAB grad’s film “Stakes”
- UAB Piano Series presents Valery Kuleshov Jan. 12
- UAB Music Student Aleksandra Kasman wins at MTNA state auditions
- Students Jake Hemminger & Kevin Peek Become First UAB Music Tech Majors to Attain AVID Pro Tools Professional Certification
- UAB Marching Blazers at the 2013 Hoover Invitational
- Henry Panion selected for 2014 Alabama African-American History Calendar