Come enjoy music by some of your favorite CME members, like Andy Bostany, John Dewberry, James Tyler Cody, Taylor Goodwin, Paul Kindred (he's going to play his Tubulum again -- this time in surround sound!) and David Smith. They will be joined by newcomers Kyle Carpenter, Martin Castor, Zach Driggers, CJ Griffith and Zach Walker. Hear great music, see creepy video, and don't worry, we'll get the video games in there too! As always, it will be a college music concert like no other. Go to UABCME.blogspot.com for more information.
Don't miss this terrific evening of original music!
Mezzo-soprano Julie Simson offers a master class October 24 at 12:20 in Hulsey Recital Hall. While the singers will be chosen from UAB music students currently studying voice, all UAB students and faculty are welcome.
Julie Simson has sung with opera companies throughout the United States including Houston Opera, Dallas Opera, Santa Fe Opera, Opera Memphis, and Opera Colorado performing such roles as Hansel in Hansel and Gretel, the Composer in Ariadne auf Naxos, and Suzuki in Madama Butterfly. She has also performed as soloist in major oratorio works with the Denver, Colorado Springs, Cedar Rapids, Omaha and Milwaukee Symphonies and in Boulder at the MahlerFest and Bach Festival.
Miss Simson was the recipient of a grant to study and perform in Europe where she subsequently won the prestigious Mozart Prize at the International Belvedere Competition in Vienna. After winning First Prize at the East & West Artists International Competition, she made her New York recital debut in Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall. Miss Simson was featured in two concerts at the International George Crumb Festival in Prague Czech Republic, and in recital and masterclasses at the Hochschule für Musik Hans Eisler in Berlin Germany.
- UAB's Yakov Kasman To Open Van Cliburn Memorial Concert, Thursday, Feb. 27, 2014 5:00 PM CST - Watch Live Online
- AVID Profiles Henry Panion's Alabama Symphony Orchestra Commission to Commemorate the Bombing of the 16th Street Baptist Church
- UAB Music Profiles Alum Matthew McKinney - '05
- UAB Concert Choir releases new CD, “Unceasing Love”
- UAB Music students use new Avid console to mix sound for UAB grad’s film “Stakes”
- UAB Marching Blazers at the 2013 Hoover Invitational
- Music Department Gift Landing Page
- Henry Panion selected for 2014 Alabama African-American History Calendar
- UAB Music Student Aleksandra Kasman wins at MTNA state auditions
- Students Jake Hemminger & Kevin Peek Become First UAB Music Tech Majors to Attain AVID Pro Tools Professional Certification
- Kasman and daughter to perform with North Carolina symphony
- Works by Price at National Association of Composers USA Conference
- 5 Things to Know: Music Technology Careers
- UAB Music Students Jake Hemminger and Valencia Callens Win Awards