AVID Profiles Henry Panion's Alabama Symphony Orchestra Commission to Commemorate the Bombing of the 16th Street Baptist ChurchAVID profiles the City of Birmingham in its 50th-Year Anniversary of the Civil Rights Movement, highlighting Dr. Henry Panion, III's commission by the Alabama Symphony Orchestra to commemorate the 1963 bombing of the 16th Street Baptist Church and the tragic loss of the four little girls. Here We Are is a reflection of the past, a tribute to how Birmingham has been able to overcome, and a statement of hope for the future....50 Years Forward.
Matthew McKinney is a 2005 graduate of the UAB Music Technology program. In 2008 he received a Master’s degree in Music Technology from the Purdue School of Engineering and Technology at IUPUI. He recently obtained an additional Master’s in Elementary Education from the University of Montevallo. Matthew presently serves as an instructor in the computer lab at Jemison Elementary School, Adjunct Instructor of Music Technology at the University of Montevallo, and Director of the University of Montevallo Community School of Music.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham Concert Choir recently released a new CD on Jan. 28, to help fund the choir’s trip to the eighth World Choir Games in Riga, Latvia, in July. The CD, “Unceasing Love,” is be available for $10 at digital outlets including iTunes and Amazon. The UAB Departmnent of Music has copies of the CD for sale in person and via the department’s online store for that same price.
Film director and UAB graduate Brandon Mason visits campus to complete and approve the sound mixes by UAB students for his new movie, “Stakes.”
- Music Department Gift Landing Page
- Henry Panion selected for 2014 Alabama African-American History Calendar
- UAB Music Student Aleksandra Kasman wins at MTNA state auditions
- Students Jake Hemminger & Kevin Peek Become First UAB Music Tech Majors to Attain AVID Pro Tools Professional Certification
- Kasman and daughter to perform with North Carolina symphony
- Works by Price at National Association of Composers USA Conference
- 5 Things to Know: Music Technology Careers
- UAB Music Students Jake Hemminger and Valencia Callens Win Awards
- Panion to Receive Social Justice Award
- New Work by William Price Selected for NYC Festival
- Marching Blazers Win International Band Competition In Ireland
- Marching Blazers Traveling to Dublin for St. Patrick’s Day parade
- UAB Singers Represent at the Alabama National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS)
- Kasman to perform at Canadian festival and UAB faculty recital