UAB provides the following accomodations for graduates and guests with special needs:
- A designated area with limited seating for guests in wheelchairs is available on a first come first served basis. Please use the 7th Ave South entrance to Bartow Arena.
- Guests who use wheelchairs may be accompanied by one companion in the designated wheelchair seating area.
- Graduates who are unable to use stairs will have the opportunity to meet for a "practice" run-through at Bartow Area. This will allow an opportunity to use the wheelchair lift and practice crossing the stage. For date/time and additional information, please contact Disability Support Services at 934-4205.
- Guests who may have other mobility or health issues are advised to arrive when the arena opens, when the availability of seating is greatest.
- No wheelchairs will be available in the Bartow Arena; guests requiring a wheelchair must supply their own.
- Limited parking for persons with valid handicapped parking decals is available in UAB Lot 24 (13th St South between University Blvd and 6th Ave South). 13th St South will be closed but appropriate vehicles may enter for parking in Lot 24 from University Blvd.