The UAB Compliance Program mission is to support UAB's mission and to promote practices based in organizational core values. The UAB Enterprise Compliance Strategy serves as a roadmap for success in achieving UAB's vision to be known for its strong ethical culture supporting practices worthy of the public trust.
Click the below graphic to view a larger version.
UAB is committed to conducting its affairs in ways that promote mutual trust and public confidence. All members of the UAB community are expected to sustain the highest ethical standards in all activities and interactions and to integrate UAB values of integrity, respect, service, and collaboration into teaching, research, patient care, and business services.
Renamed in 2010, the University Compliance Office manages UAB's Compliance Program, which serves as the framework for identifying areas of risk, addressing concerns, and measuring results. Specific benefits of UAB's Compliance Program include:
- Enhancing coordination, consistency, efficiency, and effectiveness by providing an institutional perspective of the University's specific compliance assurance activities
- Reducing risks of non-compliance, as well as potential penalties, by meeting the Federal Sentencing Guidelines' criteria for an effective compliance program
- Providing continuous management advisory services and support regarding compliance assurance activities, using a risk-based approach
- Providing a consolidated resource for compliance information and guidance for the UAB community
- Conducting compliance reviews and recommending plans for improving internal controls, like policies, procedures, processes, or actions
- Supporting the UAB Ethics Hotline for the reporting of ethical concerns
University Compliance Office staff are eager to help departments, programs, and other community members enhance UAB's strong ethical culture. Please contact us for more information on how we can help you reach your goals.