Middle School Summer Science Camps
Application Deadline has been extended to May 17th 2013
The following dates are currently full and registration is closed for:
June 24th - 28th for Camps 1, 3, 5, and July 8th - 12th for Camps 2, 4, and 6
- Students may apply for more then one camp.
- Acceptance into the camps will be based on available space and regional distribution of students.
- Conformation of acceptance will be sent.
- You select the weeks your child will be available for camp.
- Tuition for each week-long camp is $175.
- A non-refundable deposit of $50 is required with application.
- Some scholarships are available.
Camp 1 OVER THE HILLS AND THROUGH THE VALES
Students entering the 6th grade will explore a forest to learn how changes in its plants and animals may affect their health.
Camp 2 ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING AND YOUR HEALTH
Students entering the 6th grade will become an environmental engineer for a week.
Camp 3 DIVING INTO THE GENE POOL
Students entering the 7th grade can spend the week exploring the gene pool and investigate the role DNA play in every living creature.
Camp 4 PHYSFACTOR
Students entering the 7th grade will test their body and brain, to see if they can meet the challenge of real-life experiments in which they become the scientist and the subject.
Camp 5 MOLECULES AND YOU
Students entering the 8th grade will embark on a week-long adventure to explore the molecules that underlie life.
Camp 6 WE'VE GOT SOLUTIONS!
Students entering the 8th grade spend a week exploring the wonders and magic of chemistry.
Center for Community OutReach Development
The University of Alabama Birmingham
933 19th Street South (CHSB 503)
Birmingham, AL 35294-2041
Phone - (205) 934-5171
Fax - (205) 934-5158