|A laboratory experience in Molecular Biology and Genetics at McWane Science Centerdesigned for high school biology students.
Who qualifies to bring their classes to GENEius?
- BioTeach Graduates: Teachers who completed the summer training program in molecular genetics (Admission to BioTeach is limited and by application.)
- High school teachers trained in molecular biology during the BioTeach Summer Course for high school science teachers.
- High school teachers trained through the GENEius Teacher Workshops.
- Graduate students and post-doctoral fellows from the departments of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, Microbiology, Physiology, Neurobiology, and Cell Biology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine.
- Vanessa Williams, Ph.D, Director of the GENEius Program, Center for Community OutReach Development at UAB.
GENEius Program is a collaborative effort between UAB's Center for Community Outreach Development (CORD), Birmingham City Schools (BCS), and McWane Science Center.
Grant support comes from a Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA) from the National Institutes of Health and a grant from UAB Center for AIDS Research.For More Information