Cancer Prevention and Control Trainee
Primary Mentor: Sadeep Shrestha, PhD,MHS,MS
Secondary Mentor: Michael S. Saag, MD
Originally from Owatonna, MN, Ms Sudenga received her B.A. in Biology from Luther College in Decorah, Iowa in 2007. She completed her Master is Public Health with an Epidemiology concentration from the University of Alabama at Birmingham in 2009. Staci is a member of Basic Research in Infectious Disease and Genetic Epidemiology (BRIDGE) at UAB. Ms Sudenga became a CPCTP trainee in 2011. Her research interests include HPV, cervical cancer, HIV, and genetics.
Dissertation Title: Genetic factors associated with HPV persistence/clearance.
Selected Courses/Conferences Attend
- American Public Health Association (Nov 2008; San Diego, CA)
- Shrestha S, Sudenga SL, Smith JS, Bachman LH, Wilson CM, Kempf MC. The impact of highly active antiretroviral therapy on prevalence and incidence of cervical human papillomavirus infection in HIV-positive adolescents. BMC Infect Dis. 2010; 10 (1):295.
- Kravchenko J, Akushevich I, Sudenga SL, Wilson MC, Shrestha S. The clearance of Human papillomavirus infection in HIV-1-positive patients: prediction of individual prognosis. (Submitted to American Journal of Epidemiology)
- Sudenga SL, Kempf MC, McGwin G, Wilson CM, Hook E, Shrestha S. Herpes Simplex Virus-2 Incidence in High Risk Adolscents. (Submitted to Sexually Transmitted Diseases).
- Kravchenko J, Sudenga SL, Akushevich I, Wilson MC, Shrestha S. The approach to individualized prediction of HPV infection persistence/clearance in HIV-1-positive adolescent girls based on CD4+ counts dynamic and other co-factors/confounding factors. 12th International Conference of Malignancies in AIDS and other Acquired Immunodeficiencies (ICMAOI). Bethesda, MD April 26-27, 2010.
- Sudenga SL, Kempf MC, Wilson CM, Hook III E, Shrestha S. Herpes Simplex Virus-2 Incidence in High Risk Adolescents. UAB School of Public Health Research Day, Birmingham, AL April 5, 2010.